Piano Man - Chapter 7

Start from the beginning

“Did you want something to eat Darcy? I am making breakfast for everyone!” Gabby exclaimed with a bright wide smile.

“Would it be to much if I asked for a french toast?” I smiled weakly.

“Of course not, I make a mean French toast”  She  bragged and grabbed a clean frying pan fro the cabinet.

“Darn I like my French toast kind and caring .” I joked and earned a small smile out of her, and nothing out of Noah. I know I am not a comedian but sometimes it seems as if he is bi-polar. So sweet one minute and totally ignoring my existence the next.

“One kind and caring French toast coming up, do we have any other requests perhaps bashful or maybe one with a sense of humour for Mr.Grumpy Pants” Gabby furrowed her eyebrows as Noah, pointing out the fact that Noah didn’t even blink at my little joke.

“Big brothers are a tough crowd” I smiled at Gabby when Niall wasn’t amused by her joke either. She was about to say something when Shawna and Niall came running into the kitchen.

“Noah you are taking Darcy to the pub right?” Shawna asked quickly but didn’t wait for a response. “Gabriela, I expect you get your chores done and then possibly show Robby around?” She barely took a breath when Niall piped up.

“Noah don’t leave Darcy to walk home by herself, I am giving you the old truck to use.” Niall quickly took a breath and continued to talk. “ We are going to pick Liam and his family up at the airport now, we should be home probably a little later then you Darcy, have fun at work and good luck!” and with that Shawna and Niall were out the door. I quickly ate my French toast noticing the time, I wanted to get the interview at the bar over and done with as soon as possible.

“Are you nervous?” Noah asked as he finished his sixth pancake, he stomach was practically bulging. I don’t know how such a skinny boy ate so much.

“ Should I be?” I asked as blood ran to my cheeks as it always did when I got nervous or blushed.

“No,  the manager is pretty cool as long as you don’t mess around too much”

“And I am guessing you don’t mess around at all?” I giggled sarcastically.

“Exactly” he smirked.

“ I’ll go get dressed and then we can go” I nodded as I picked up my plate and set it on the counter and rinsed out my cup so the pulp from my orange juice wouldn’t stick to the bottom.  Then I slowly made my way upstairs regretting getting out of bed so early this morning. I could really go for a six hour nap. I waked into the bathroom and started brushing my teeth well staring at my fairly pale face and my hair that was falling out of it’s messy bun. The good thing about Ireland is everybody was just a fair skinned as I.  I threw on a black romper and some floral tom, well brushing out my medium length hair, parting it down the middle. My hair was never good for styling but I enjoyed the natural look that it gave me most of the time. I applied some nude lipstick and a small amount of mascara when I heard Noah coming up the stairs.