Our waitress hopped up then, looking no older than my own self, and she nearly dropped her book, eyes widening when she saw us. Blushing, she cleared her throat. “Hi, I’m Denise. I just really used to be a big One Direction fan a few years back and—wow.” She checked us out again before shaking her head. “Can I start you off with anything to drink?”

“A water is fine with me,” Trinity started and I snickered at her.

“Orange juice.”

Trinity and I spent a lot of time catching up. Though she was still my best friend, we didn’t get to see each other as much anymore. There were times when the boys decided that it’s been ‘just too long!’ (Harry’s words) since they’d seen each other, but we didn’t really get to spend any girl time.

And so we gossiped about pretty much anything and everything. Family, the boys, other celebrities—everything.

After breakfast, Trinity dragged me to the spa. “have to look good tonight,” she chuckled.

And then she ran a few errands for Niall.

By a few, I meant a lot. When I checked my phone, it was already six o’clock and the sun was fading into the night.

And then Trinity’s phone buzzed. Her eyes scanned the text and she grinned. “I have to go. Tell me how everything goes tonight and we’ll meet up soon, okay?”

Zayn

He’s just gotten a return text from Trinity signaling that Skylar’s off. Of course, Zayn’s not exactly one to be romantic, but he had figured that Skylar would want a little something for their anniversary.

Last year they hadn’t done much, choosing to lounge around and watch movies as opposed to going out. Zayn definitely had no problem with this, and Skylar didn’t seem to either, but she was still a girl and he knew that he’d have to have something properly planned out.

And so it wasn’t exactly perfect, but he’s tried.

“Hello?” He hears, and then a few seconds later he hears a little laugh. “A scavenger hunt; nice.”

By instinct he knows that his wife has wandered off in search of her second clue, and he takes that time to dash from the bedroom and into the backyard unseen.

It’s about twenty minutes before Skylar finds him.

Her eyes shoot up in surprise at his outfit of choice, and she eyes her own pants and shirt.

“I should probably change—”

“Nope,” he grins, laying a kiss on her forehead. “You’re perfect just like that.” She scoffs a bit at that, but Zayn doesn’t mind, leading her to the little picnic blanket that was splayed on the ground.

“Did you cook all of this?” She asks him, and he nods a bit sheepishly. It had all taken forever, which was why he had continually begged Trinity via text to keep Skylar out for just a while longer.

“You’re adorable,” she muses, bumping his shoulder and grinning. “A picnic at sunset.”

He smiles at that, forking a thing of pasta into his mouth and sidling closer to her. “I’m glad you like it.”

“Would’ve loved it even if we crashed on the couch and had ordered Chinese.”

Zayn lets out a dramatic groan at that, rolling his eyes. “Would’ve been nice to know.”

Skylar smiles at him, one of those smiles that completely paints her eyes with bliss. “But you look cute in a tuxedo.”

He pouts at the word, and Skylar chuckles, leaning onto him to kiss the look away. Her hands find their way to the nape of his neck, where she toys at it casually.

“And you also look handsome.”

“You look beautiful,” he murmurs, lips clad against her own. His meal sits forgotten beside him and Skylar pushes him down onto the blanket.

“You look dashing.”

He smirks. “You look breathtaking.”

Another smoldering kiss is placed upon his lips, and Skylar laughs into his mouth. “You’re stunning.”

They lay like that for a while, exchanging adjectives under the stars like it’s the most normal thing in the world.

“Prefect,” she murmurs, hands moving to cup his jaw. “Absolutely perfect.”

Zayn thinks that it’s criminal that she still sends white hot waves of euphoria into his veins, even after all of this time.

And he’s too dazed to even say anything back, and Skylar’s lips graze at his cheek, ghosting over his face until she’s at the shell of his ear.

“Mine,” she whispers.

(And Zayn thinks that that’s the best one of all.)

______*______*______*______

I don't know if I should be happy or sad that this is over... I'll be editing it :) Thanks to anyone that's read it.