twenty - skylar

Chapter Twenty – Skylar

            From Payne: what time are you bringing zayn backkkk? we have a rehearsal today just found out ):

            I bit my lip, eyes blowing wide. When Zayn left—I didn’t blame him for leaving, either, I knew it was hard on him—I assumed that he had called one of the boys to pick him up.

            To Payne: so….. you havent heard from him then, this is not good, ask if any of the others have heard from him?

            From Payne: WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN DID YOU LOSE ZAYN SKYLAR!!

            I groaned, quickly throwing on a pair of jeans and a sweatshirt, rolling on a little deodorant as I hopped into my socks. I didn’t have time to be sanitary when Zayn was potentially missing.

            I should’ve followed him.

            Trinity wandered from her room, eyes still half-lidded as she tousled her bed hair. “Did you and Zayn sleep—hey, where are you going?”

            “I may or may not have lost my boyfriend but,” I paused to tie my shoes, trying not to meet the accusing eyes of my roommate, “he walked out on his own, and he can’t be too far.”

            Trinity sighed, reaching to throw on some shoes as well, but I shook my head. “In case he comes back, okay?”

            She sighed, pursing her lips and nodding. “How do you manage to lose your boy—wait, boyfriend? As in official?”

            I barely had time to nod my head as I darted out the door, it closing with a resounding slam.

            I was so dead.

            “What do you mean that he’d been gone almost an hour before I texted?” Liam breathed into the receiver, and I groaned, resting my head against the steering wheel until the car behind me honked, letting me know of the light change.

            My fingers curled even tighter around the wheel, and I huffed out a sigh as Liam continued to ramble on and on. “Well it’s not my fault, Liam!”

            “How is it not?”

            “He walked out! Using his own two feet!”

            “And you didn’t try to stop him?”