twenty-two - skylar

Chapter Twenty-Two – Skylar

            “Do you have a fetish for my half-naked body?” Zayn smiled at me, lazily watching as I trailed my finger around his belly-button.

            I flicked his nose, scoffing at him. I most certainly did not. I only liked his tattoos… and how fit he looked… And maybe I did have a fetish. “There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.”

            “I never said—”

            “Are you two coming out for lunch?” Liam asked, a bright smile on his face. “I made tacos!”

            “Can’t say no to tacos,” I laughed, giving him a nod. I rolled off of the bed, tossing Zayn his shirt, but he just placed it back down. “Trying to feel more manly or something, princess?”

            My boyfriend scoffed as I walked down the short hallway to the kitchen, thumping my shoulder in protest. “Well I was just figuring that since you have an obsession with my shirtless—”

            “Not an obsession,” I corrected, ignoring the way that Harry was having an incredible time with this.

             “Whatever makes you sleep at night.”

            I grabbed a plate from Liam, nodding a thank you. “Have I already told you that you’re a dick?”

            Zayn chuckled, shooting me his half-dimpled smirk as he grabbed his own plate, heading over to the tacos. “You might have mentioned it. But I’m pretty sure you said that you loved me right after.”

            I rolled my eyes, reaching around him to grab my food before sitting down in Niall’s usual seat. He had already left for his date with Trinity a while ago; as soon as we had come back from rehearsals.

            “Is it possible to love somebody and hate them at the same time?” I mumbled innocently, and Zayn sent me a mock-glare, which I laughed at.

            Things were looking up for us.

            Finally.

            “Louis, can we talk?” I had noticed that he was unusually quiet, and I assume that it was because of Zayn and I’s silly banter throughout lunch. I didn’t want him to be mad at me over something that I couldn’t control, though.

            Zayn raised his brows at me, frowning, and I gave him a slight smile, signaling that it wouldn’t take too long.

            He nodded, choosing to head into the living room with the other two boys as opposed to going to his room.

            I motioned toward the door of the apartment, and Louis reluctantly followed.

            “So,” I started slowly, scratching my neck. I had so many things to say, and had no way to say it. “I… uh…”

            “Are you just trying to rub it in my face that you’re dating Zayn and that you’re completely happy? Because you do that a bloody lot already.”

            I frowned as Louis shoved his hands in his pockets, socked toes scuffing at the ground. “I wasn’t trying to rub it in—”

            “I’m sure.”

            I let out a breath, running my hands through my hair. This wasn’t going well at all. I was only trying to settle our differences, not make more.