epilogue

Epilogue – 5 years later

Skylar

“Where are you going?” Zayn sighed as I rolled off of the bed.

I raised my brows quizzically, hands automatically moving to my hips. “You’re kidding.”

“I’m not,” he groaned, arm flailing out to latch onto my wrist. After doing so he tugged me so that I fell back onto the bed again. “I understand that it’s our anniversary and all—yay marriage—but can we please go back to sleep?”

“You’re ridiculous,” I laughed, shaking my head. Zayn squinted one eye at me, and pouted.

“It’s like eight in the morning. Why are you even up this early?” He rolled over so that he was on his back, tugging the covers so that they ended under his arms. “I mean, I know that we have stuff planned, but not at this time.” A very theatrical groan left his lips and he ran a hand through his hair. “You’re insane.”

I rolled my eyes at my dramatic husband, shuffling to my closet to find something to wear. “Trinity wanted to meet up today—I figured that you didn’t want to do anything until later—and so I told her okay. We’re just going out for breakfast.”

Zayn mumbled something that I couldn’t quite hear, rolling over in the bed once more. “That’s great. Have fun.”

“I’ve married a log,” I grumbled, and he barked out a laugh, blowing me a kiss.

“I love you too.”

 “Congrats on the two years!” My best friend squealed, tugging me in for a hug before I could even fully get out of the car.

“Thanks,” I grunted, pushing her off and clambering out of my car. Well, Zayn’s car really. His was much nicer than my own. “So you and Niall…?”

The blonde rolled her eyes. “Nothing yet. I swear, I think I’m going to have to be the one to propose.”

I didn’t mean to laugh, honestly, I didn’t, but it was impossible not to with the look that had fallen across Trinity’s face. “I’m sorry.”

She sent me a frown was clearly meant to sober me up as we entered the restaurant. “You’re just lucky that Zayn already has.”

“You’re practically a Horan anyway,” I chuckled to her, and she shoved me on my shoulder as we trotted to our table.

“It’s not the same, Mrs. Malik, as you should know.”

I rolled my eyes at her, glancing down at the ring on my finger. “He’ll do it soon enough, I’m sure.”