sixteen - skylar

Chapter Sixteen – Skylar

            Heavenly.

            Wonderful.

            Breathtaking.

            Amazing.

            Beautiful.

            Perfect.

            Kissing Zayn was everything and nothing that I had imagined, our mouths molded together. There was no room to breathe, or think, or anything, and my brain turned into a pile of mush and I couldn’t think anything other than Zayn.

            The way that his calloused hands smudged against my cheeks, and how the tip of his nose brushed against mine.  How our lashes fluttered together, how his touch gave me chills.

            How I could feel the constricting and beating of his heart under the pads of my fingers.

            How he tugged my hand from the nape of his neck to lace it with his own.

            How he kissed me with every fiber of his being; how I could feel nothing but passion as he grazed his lips down my neck.

            How he slotted his mouth against mine, how he kissed me like I was his last breath, like he was the lock and I was the key, and he was inviting me in, inviting me to explore him, to familiarize myself with his taste, his touch. With him.

            I don’t know who the first to pull back was, or how long I sat with my forehead pressed against his, his smile pressing onto the corner of my own.

            I was dizzy from him. Drunk off of his kiss, and all I could think was perfection. Because his smile was perfect and his laugh was perfect and his kiss was perfect, and he was perfect.

            And I had let him know that, just moments prior, right before I had united our lips.

            I had had a choice then. I was standing at the edge of a cliff, toeing at the line for far too long, and I needed to decide if I was going to run away, or if I was going to risk the fall.

            But the thing is, I had already fallen so long ago.

            Zayn glanced at me through his raven lashes, and he looked so innocent and breathtaking that I had to kiss him again.

            He was intoxicating.

            Just as I pulled back, the door opened.