Sunday Promise

To recap the previous day, the two happily spent most of the day in Arthur's room. Francis went ahead and helped Arthur reorganize his closet with Arthur's MUCH consent. The Frenchman also gave small loving gestures to Arthur while he read. The feeling of Francis's arms and lips made him shiver, his heart pounding as he forced himself to read. When lunch rolled around Francis and Arthur went and helped Mrs. Kirkland prepare. Her three other sons coming in through the front door for their lunch break. Moreover the day was filled with sneaked kisses and long conversations.
Currently the two were in town hand in hand. Francis decided that he should at least buy some things for his mother and father before he left.
"But what about you Francis? You should buy something for yourself too at least."
"The only thing I need over here is you."
Arthur glared at him as he felt his cheeks flush. The Brit scoffed at the reply and looked away making Francis smile. Something seemingly rude as that was too adorable to not joke at. It was something he was so used to after two and a half years..Two and a half years.
"We've been together for a long time haven't we?"
"W-Well as friends."
"Yes, as friends."
And they still were. Neither of them had asked yet, but you can guess who will. Bags wrapped around Francis's arms as he walked with Arthur. The crowded streets passed them without a second glance, they were too busy to give any thought of importance to the two. Both blonds went in and out of shops before they decided it was time to head back. Francis needed to be back in France after all.
"Francis.." trailed Arthur, "You know...You're the most craziest man I've ever met."
"And? You're the most disagreeable man I've ever met."
"Why I say!"
Francis laughed and pulled Arthur closer, causing the bags to rustle and the Brit to squirm. Francis's arms wrapping around the other as they continued to walk home.
"What you were trying to say is that you're going to miss me wasn't it?"
Arthur perked up and flushed, "No! I said what I said and meant it."
"I'm going to miss you too." Francis whispered.
Arthur's heart jumped and his grip on Francis tightened. Their walking slowed as they took in the words. They didn't know how long it'll be until they'd ever see each other like this again. Francis smiled softly as he saw the house up ahead.
-
Allistor was packing Francis's few things he bought into the small sized plane as Francis and Arthur said their sweet goodbyes. Hand in hand, forehead together as their eyes gazed upon each other.
"I don't want you to go.."
"I don't want to leave you."
Francis's grip on Arthur's hand tightened. He wanted to stay; he wanted to hold Arthur forever. If time could freeze, he'd do it if it was possible. His eyes closed and he stood there with Arthur. The plane's engine silent, but not for long.
"Hey...Arthur...." trailed Francis.
"Yes Francis?" replied Arthur.
Francis smiled and opened his eyes, standing back up he stared into Arthur's eyes. Hands holding Arthur's firmly. His lips parted to talk. Arthur staring back up into Francis's eyes. The sparkling blue hue of his irises sparkled in the sun's setting. Orange and yellow hitting the white lighting of the shine.
"Be mine."
Arthur's heart jumped, "S-Say it proper."
Francis leaned down to his ear to whisper, "Will you, Arthur Kirkland, be my boyfriend?"
The Brit's knees trembled at the low whisper in his ear, his heart couldn't take all of this romance. It was too much. But he embraced it with open arms. Francis moved back up just enough to see Arthur's face. The bushy browed teen's cheeks were dusted pink, lips trembling. Arthur looked up at him and leaned in, their lips connecting. A soft kiss shared between them for a second.
"Yes."
Francis smiled and picked Arthur up, spinning him in a circle like the night they first met. Joyous laughter filled the air as they slowly came to a halt. They grinned happily and laughed. Allistor smiling at the two. Arthur is happy and Francis is the cause.
"Alright come on you two. I hate to break it up, but if I'm going to be home before midnight we gotta leave." said the redhead.
Francis nodded, but continued to stare down at Arthur. His hands holding onto him. He can't find himself to let go of Arthur. Arthur sighed softly and held Francis's hands, letting his fingers let go of his clothes. It was painful to stand here, knowing Francis is leaving for who knows how long. Knowing that he might not ever see him in person again.
"Say it in your language," said Arthur, "I want to hear it in person."
"Je t'aime Arthur." said Francis.
"I love you too Francis...."
The Frenchman tore himself away from the other and towards the small plane. Allistor smiled and gave him a nod before going to the pilot's seat. Francis turned and gave Arthur a last smile and wave.
"I'll call you." he said as he got in.
Arthur smiled and waved back, watching the plane start its engine, taking off slowly. Rolling down the pavement and off into the sky. A sentence echoing in his head over and over as he watched the plane fly out of sight.
~Promise me you'll be mine and only mine Arthur~
"I promise Francis."
"I promise Arthur."