A lonely day at school (Arthur)

It was early morning and Arthur's alarm went off. It was a Wednesday, half way through the week. Getting up and off of his bed, he went to the bathroom to freshen up. Clothes already picked out in his closet to save time. He washed his face, blinking a few times to focus his sight. Once done in the bathroom, he went out to change. The memory of last night flashed through.

'I have to say that just how you are overall intrigues me.'

Francis's words race through him and a small smile forms on his face. Francis really does like him. He really does. The Brit shakes his head, this was no time to be dwindling on that now.

He went down the stairs and met with his other brothers, as per being the youngest, they were all already graduates. Their dad works early and their mother was taking their nephew to playschool. Arthur went along to make a light breakfast before he left for school.

"Ey Artie, I heard you talking to that Frenchie again" smiled Allistor, the oldest of the five.

"Yeah, all gushy you both were" teased Owen, the younger twin of the two.

He whipped his head to look at his brothers, an alarmed expression on his face. They heard?! Were they talking that loud?! He put on a small smile and rolled his eyes.

"As if. You guys are bluffing" he said in defense.

They all laughed, snickering at their younger brother. How cute he was to not notice anything. Dylan went over to Arthur and patted his shoulder with a smile.

"Little brother, do you know just how close you and the Frenchie are?"

He stared up at him with the straightest face he could muster up. But that got him thinking as well. How close were they? They were friends, yes. Maybe his unrequited..Love.

"If you are asking what I'm thinking, it's a no." he replied up to him.

"Look it little Art" said Allistor, "Deny all you want. We'll get ya one day"

With his light breakfast ready, he took it and walked out the door. paying no mind to his now snickering brothers. they didn't know anything about his connection with Francis..Did they?

Why was he so defensive about it? He knows what they are. Friends. Online friends and it'll stay that way. his walking slowed as he thought about that. Forever online buddies.

"Heh- it can't be helped. Plus I doubt we'll stay friends." he says with his reassured smile.

No one ever stays friends with him.
-
Lunch finally rolled along and with his hot lunch in hand, Arthur walked to is regular table. Only a few other people sat there, but they sat at the other end. He had lunch alone. There were people he knew in his lunch yes, but they were just classroom acquaintances. Classroom only.
Fluttering around the room was of Prom, which was next Friday to be exact. The girls giggled and teased each other of dates and the guys punched each other on the shoulder, telling them to man up and ask the girl. All of this disturbed Arthur to an extend. Well, disturbed isn't such the right word. Awkward was it.

"If they can just eat lunch and stop chattering so much" he mumbled as he ate.

He knew he couldn't blame them, it was this and next year of prom. After, everything is gone. Make the most of it they say, you never know how fast things go.

The Brit's thoughts trailed over to Francis. How would he look like in formal wear? Black tux with a deep blue necktie, contrasting his eyes. Long blond hair down over his shoulders, lean body moving up against him as they danced. He choked on his food as he slapped himself out of those thoughts. They weren't for him! No matter how much he wanted them to be.

"Get yourself together Arthur" he mumbled as he got up to dump his tray.

He lost his appetite and walked back to his next class. Or maybe he should go outside, his brain needed some clean- er outside air. His school pack hung from his shoulders as he stepped outside to the schoolyard. It was nice weather in England for a while.

Arthur's phone buzzed as he got a message. His hand reached in is pocket for it, most expecting one of his brothers to tell him that they won't be home or that mother and father needed something from the shop. Instead, it was a snapchat from Francis.

He was sitting in class, uniform on and his smooth blue eyes looking into the camera at him. He felt his face heat up ad he read the message along with it.

' Bored. Missing You. '

He sucked in some air to keep himself from grinning like an idiot. Pursing his lips as they came back together. Sending something like that in the middle of class..But of course he knew he had his lunch hour now.

Sitting down where he was, he debated whether he should reply back. He could get Francis in trouble...But he send him a message during class. Did he get caught? Thoughts ran in his mind as he forced himself to raise him phone up to snap a photo.

' Pay attention, idiot '

He stared down at the message. It was what Francis expected of him.. And it is this side of him that he'll get... At least until something happens.

He pressed send and let out a sigh of relief, telling himself that this was enough outside time. Arthur stood up and walked back in the school building, walking to his next class alone. The halls mildly filled with other students. Again, chatting and gossiping as usual.

Another three hours of classes, and other three hours of putting up with everyone. He sighed, it was already a long enough day. But the little picture from Francis made the day all the bit better.