Wait..Wait what?

(First Author's Note, I was going to leave the first AN for the an Epilogue chapter, but I want to say I appreciate you all and this will be my first time finishing an actual fanfic from start to end. I might update more early too. )

It was early Friday morning. 4:08 AM. Arthur was asleep in bed as his phone went off. Jerking up, hair disheveled and eyes groggy, he slammed his hand on his phone trying to set it on snooze. But when he realized it wasn't his alarm, he sat up.

"Who can be calling at this hour?" questioned the Brit.

Voice hoarse as he picked his phone up, giving a small hello. On the other line was Roderich. He sounded alarmed and hesitant which made him perk up.

"Roderich? You're calling early. Has something happened?"

The Austrian man pursed his lips as he held the note in his hand. He has a recital tonight; he won't be able to go to prom with Arthur. Guilt hung in his heart as he took in a deep breath.

"Yes, I apologize Arthur." he started, "But I have drastic news."

The once tired green eyes shot wide awake as he heard Roderich. Drastic news?! Did it involve his parents? Has something happened to him? Arthur laid back down.

"I have a piano recital tonight and I can't accompany you to prom."

His heart sunk. That was the last thing he wanted to hear from the man that had asked him. Arthur's chest squeezed as his breathing picked up speed. His lips trembled as he opened his mouth to speak. Nothing came out.

"Arthur?"

He gulped and closed his eyes. He needed to calm down, stop being so emotional. His grip on his phone loosened as he tried to relax.

"A recital. That's fantastic Roderich, you go on. Don't worry about me."

Roderich sat on his bed, there was someone way better. He knew that. He always had a feeling that there is. But that doesn't give him the reassurance that he has to abandon Arthur like this. But it's better than causing drama at school.

"I apologize Arthur for such inconvenience."

"No, no. it was on short notice I presume. You can't do anything on that can you? I wish you my best wishes Roderich."

Though, since they were still up, they continued to talk about what should happen at school. A fear the both of them have at the moment. It was up until Roderich needed to go back to sleep that Arthur's mind trailed back to Francis. Francis hasn't troubled him for a while... He hasn't been chatting with Francis for a while!! The British man slapped himself. How could he do that to him?!

"He's bound to hate me now." Arthur said hoarsely, "But it's for the best right?"

Not a lot of people like him. He wasn't the most popular, but he tried. He didn't fit in anywhere. Not even the unpopular people were fond of him.

-

Arthur trudged to school, eyes dull and groggy. When he was on school campus, the usual group of girls surrounded Roderich. He forced a grim smile when they met eyes. The Austrian softening his gaze as he approached him. This was their plan.

"Arthur? May I have a moment?"

"Of course."

It was going to be a casual, informative leaving. Just as this morning, Arthur was to ' be surprised ', but congratulate him on his show. All calm and no drama.

"That's amazing news Roderich. I'm happy for you." said Arthur.

"Thank you Arthur, but I won't be able to accompany you to prom."