Author Note

Woop, woop, another fanfic in the bag! Woo!!! My gosh, am I glad to have completed that! I love finishing fanfics, it gives me a sense of triumph and pride at the fact that I didn't quit. However, at the same time it makes me feel a little sad. Another story done, time to leave it behind. Rest assured, though, my lovely readers! I most certainly will NOT be leaving Cosette behind, oh no! She will definitely return in due time.

Speaking of Cosette, let me take a moment to say just how much I love her. I love all my oc's but Cosette is definitely one that sticks out. When she first popped into my head she was a bit of a wallowing victim who didn't really seem to be getting anywhere. After a few years of fleshing out her character, though, I came to admire how strong she is. Now, she's not strong physically. She's blind, her respiratory system isn't the greatest, and she hasn't got the kick-ass physique that Black Widow or Buffy Summers has, but she's still strong mentally and emotionally. She survived the breakdown of a friendship, the death of her child, and an abusive domestic relationship that left her blind and nearly killed her. Even after all of this she continued trying to live her life. Sure, she felt immensely guilty for what had happened but after letting it out she was able to feel better, even taking Sherlock to her child's grave. She wasn't trying to hide from it and because of that she was able to really begin the healing process and that takes strength. So, yeah, I do really like Cosette and I'm glad I was able to bring her to you all. I can't wait to bring her back in the future and see where her relationship with Sherlock goes (a relationship that-in my mind- I think is kinda sad and adorable and slow but okay.)

Anyway, I've said my bit. Now, as per usual, it is time to say my thanks.

Thank you to Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat for bring Sherlock to our screens. I am very excited for the Christmas special but do wish we didn't have to wait so long for season four (then again, it is because of that wait that I will be able to take my Sherlock fics in a new direction, so thanks... kinda?).

Thanks to good ol' ACD for bringing Sherlock Holmes to life. I will never truly understand why you hate him, but oh well. Thanks anyway.

Thanks to the family for supporting my writing even if they've never read a word of it.

Thanks to music for giving me strength to write emotional scenes (P.S- I'll be putting up an 8tracks mix inspired by this fic in due time. Keep a lookout, go to my profile to find the link to my 8tracks account!)

Thank you brain for certain plots and plans in this book. Keep up the good work (both here and at school. Actually, you need to work harder at school. Do you want your level three certificate? DO YOU?!)

And now, as always, thank you my lovely readers! It is always so nice to see your votes and comments and it really gives me strength to continue writing. Without you guys I probably wouldn't have written this fic. Thank you for your encouragement, my friends :D

So, well, I guess that's it really. If you guys wish to see another Sherlock fic, well, I'm afraid you're gonna have to wait until the end of the year. I've got two other fanfics that I wish to release and only one of them has a hint of Sherlock in them. However, if any of you are in The Hobbit fandom, please stay tuned for my next fic will be a Hobbit fanfiction!

Once again, thank you all for your support and I'll (hopefully) hear from you all some time in the future!

Until next time,

xoxo
~DM