Then

Then

Cosette didn't think that she had ever been to a party this big before.

The warehouse was massive and filled with people from all over the Uni. Cosette spotted a group who she knew studied physics at the Uni, and a few meters away were these art boys who sometimes hung around her group of friends. The music was loud and thundering, coming from these large speakers that were dotted all around the warehouse. Right on the other end of the warehouse, on a platform that was raised above the crowd, was a band where the music was originating from, a large group of people dancing in front of them. There were areas all around the warehouse which had a few sofas and chairs in a circle together, all which seemed occupied. There were a couple tables as well that were spread out across the building that were being used for multiple games of beer pong. On one table it looked like they were doing shots off a girl's stomach. Overall, Cosette was quite overwhelmed by how... strange it looked. And awesome. It was as though someone had just chucked a bunch of stuff all over the place without planning and it just seemed to work.

"I... I am feeling quite overwhelmed," Sherlock said by her side, his eyebrows drawn as he scrutinized the place. "I did not think there would be this many people."

"Nor did I, Sherlock," Cosette replied, but already the atmosphere was affecting her and a small smile was growing on her face. "Eet looks wonderful."

Sherlock grunted, holding up the box of alcohol in his grip.

"What do I do with this?" he asked. Cosette looked around before pointing towards a large chiller filled with ice.

"Just chuck them in zere. I theenk eet's one of those parties where you bring alcohol but you're welcome to drink other people's too."

Together they made their way towards the chiller, weaving through the crowd carefully. When their alcohol was placed into the ice and they both had a bottle in their hands Cosette tugged on Sherlock's jacket sleeve.

"Do you want to dance or drink?" she asked, having to practically shout the words at Sherlock due to the loud music.

"Drink. I'm not drunk enough to dance, yet."

"Okay!"

With a grin Cosette raised her bottle, waiting for Sherlock to follow suit. When he did she clinked their bottles together.

"Cheers!"

"Cheers."

And so the night began.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Something Cosette did not know about Sherlock was that he was a lightweight. Only two drinks in and already his eyes were glazed over and his balance a little shaky. Cosette couldn't help but laugh as he walked towards the crowd that was dancing, his legs wobbling.

"Cosette! Where are you?" he called before lifting his drink to his lips and chugging. He searched around for a table to place his half empty drink on but when he found none he shrugged. Without a word he spun someone around- another man just as drunk as he was- and placed his drink in the man's hand before turning away from him. The man didn't seem to notice that there was a new drink in his hand.

"I am 'ere, Sherlock! Right behind you, you funny man!" she giggled, grabbing onto his arm to slow him down. He spun around and smiled at her, pulling her further into the crowd.

"I want to dance! That's why we came, right? To dance?"

"Well, I myself came 'ere to get drunk, but I am sure we can do both, oui?"