Now

Now

They were lying in the grass together surrounded by hundreds of flowers. The sky above them was cloudless and crystal clear. There was no noise to interrupt their peace. She stared into his eyes, brown and full of warmth and love. Softly she raised her hand to stroke his cheek.

"I miss this," she murmured, making him smile.

"The same goes for me too, love," he replied, taking her hand and kissing her knuckles. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess. I mean, I'm not dead so I guess that's a good thing," she replied with a shrug. He chuckled softly, the sound echoing all around them.

"Here's hoping it'll stay that way, yeah?" he said.

"Yeah," she sighed, snuggling closer to him.

"I miss you, John."

John smiled sadly, his thumb moving in circles over her hand.

"I know."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Teddy's eyes fluttered open, realizing that the ringing that had interrupted her dream was still going. With a groan she rolled over to find her phone sitting on the draw next to her bed, the screen lit up and her ringtone blaring. She reached over and grabbed it, answering the bastard that had ruined her dream.

"Talk to me."

"They're on the move."

Teddy inhaled sharply, suddenly awake. She sat up slowly, eyes narrowed. Quickly she looked towards the bed next to hers only to find it empty.

"Where are they? How long do you think we have?"

"I'll text you the details. Your window of opportunity is slim, sister mine. You've got until tomorrow morning at the latest and then they'll be back in hiding, although if you do miss this chance I don't think you'll have to wait long for the next."

"Still, the sooner we take them out the sooner this whole thing is done."

"Exactly, so I'd advise you to leave now. Tell Sherlock, it's time to move."

"Okay," Teddy replied, before biting her lip. She couldn't help it, she had to know.

"Hey, Mycroft?"

"Yes?"

"Is John...?"

There was a pause on the other side of the line for a moment but then-

"He's fine, Thea. He's living with his partner now. Things seem quite serious between the two."

"Is he happy?"

"Yes. He's doing what you asked of him. He's fine."

"O-Okay. I just had to make sure. Bye, Mycroft."

"Goodbye, Thea."

Hanging up and placing her phone on the draw Teddy sighed, staring at her brother's empty bed. It was a rare thing for her brother to get up before her, he usually slept in longer than her. That wasn't the case today, though. His jacket and shoes were gone so obviously he had gone out, probably with Cosette. Teddy couldn't help but feel sad for the pair. They had connected extremely well in the past three days, though Teddy put that down to the fact that Sherlock finally knew the truth. She remembered that morning when she had woken up and found Sherlock sitting on his bed, lips thin and eyebrows drawn in thought. When she had asked what was wrong he had stated that he knew.