Elaine sighed, resigning from the discussion she had with her friend. When Camille opens her mouth, she couldn't retort. Camille will always win against her. Camille always has the point. Camille always opens her eyes. But this time, even with her eyes open, she will still close it. She's not backing out for marrying Kael is the best choice she has right now. But what the heck? She'll marry him even though she really doesn't want to? Elaine really is the most ridiculous person has ever existed.

Elaine looked down, didn't know what to say, didn't know what to retort.

"He's looking at you, Elaine. Jacob's been constantly eyeing you."

Elaine looked at Camille, who's eyes is on her left. Hindi napigilan ni Elaine na lumingon din kay Jacob. His dark brooding eyes met her making her gasp. She wasn't expecting his stare to be on her all along. Their eyes had some sort of connectivity that couldn't be interrupted. Their gazes locked on each other. It made her heart beats fast. Her throat went dry as he took his flute to his hands, savoring the wine it contained. Her gaze dropped on his lips. God! She wanted to kiss that lip all day long. She wanted to be kissed by those lips.

"You still feel the connection between the two of you, right? You still want him, Elaine. You just deny the fact. You just want to get away from the humiliation. Your pride is what matters to you the most." Tumikhim ito, "Ako ang nagpapunta kay Jacob dito-"

Napatingin si Elaine kay Camille. Her eyes furrowed in confusion. Why the hell did she call Jacob there? Her stomach churned. She really wanted Jacob to be there. Elaine really wanted him to come closer. But that just what she wants. Want is different from need. Elaine needs to get out of there in order not to see Jacob's face again. She didn't want to surrender herself again to him! She didn't want to go weak against him. She didn't want to submit to him. She can't deny to herself that his presence is enough to make her submit to him. Alam naman kasi niya sa isang hawak pa lang ni Jacob ay matutunaw na siya. He's so hot and so dangerous.

Her mouth was slightly agape with Camille's words. There's no reason for her to invite him. And what about the girl he's with? Iiwan na lang basta ni Jacob? And maybe she's his baby. Magmumukha lang siyang kabit and she didn't want that! Never in her life she'd imagined herself as a mistress. Muling tumingin si Elaine sa direksyon ni Jacob at hindi niya maintindihan ang naramdaman niya no'ng nakita niyang nakangiti si Jacob sa babaeng kasama nito. Damn. She can't be jealous. She's not fucking jealous, right?

"Bakit mo ba kasi pinapunta si Jacob dito?"

Camille sighed, pulling a tissue out of dispenser then wiped it on her hands. She put it away then looked back at her. "You can do the most impulsive decisions, Elaine. And the marriage shit with Kael is a result of your impulsiveness. I can't let you suffer with sadness after that marriage because I effin' know that your marriage with Kael won't work. I am giving you another choice, Elaine, be with Jacob or be with Kael."

"Bakit mo ba ito ginagawa, Camille? Hindi ko kasi maintindihan. Ayaw mo ba si Kael para sa akin? May mali ba sa aming dalawa? I'll marry him. He loves me, and I know time will come that I will learn to love him back."

"What if that time won't come? What if that time Kael already has someone else when that time comes? Sino'ng dehado? Ikaw. Nakakulong ka sa relasyong walang patutunguhan. Ikaw ang makakawawa." Camille held her hand. "Kaibigan kita, Elaine. I will help you achieve happiness you desire. And as other's perspective, I can't see you will be happy with Kael. I can see you will be happy with Jacob."

Muling tumingin ang kaibigan niya sa direksyon na kinaroroonan nila Jacob kaya pati siya ay napalingon na rin. She was shocked to see him alone and looking intently at her. His jaw was clenched his chin resting on his hands. Damn. His dark eyes sought for her soul, keeping her captive in his stare. He was now cleanly shaven which suited him better. But she liked the feeling when his stubbles pricked her skin. It was pleasurable pain. His thick eyebrows almost touched each other. With one look, she knew he's being impatient. Hindi na siya magtataka kung pamaya-maya ay tumayo ito at hatakin siya palabas ng restaurant na iyon.