//9. Destiny.

Dear Sammy,

I hate to accept that you were right about mistakes. 

Keaten called me to meet him. No, not because he was in love with me or anything, but because I challenged him to prove it to me that he was not like the other boys. He set The Café as our destination. And I had no other choice than to go. I didn't want to show up. But I thought it wouldn't hurt, and that he wouldn't even come. But I was wrong. He was serious. He came. And that's what made it worse.

To you, it might seem queer. It might seem like I'm the slut here. But believe me, I ain't. He was beautiful. Too beautiful for plain words. And no, not anything to do with a fair face or a lean body. He was lean, yes, but he was tanned, and had a deep scar running through his left eyebrow. Multiple scars were visible in his body, making him ugly. But his words and heart were what was truly beautiful. When he told me the story behind those scars - consequences of an abusive, alcoholic brother - I wanted to reach up and rub them, make him better. His emotions reached me, I could relate to him. The way he spoke to me, the way he pulled my chair when I arrived at the table, the way he stared at me with his shining blue eyes when I talked - he was perfect, Sam, perfect!

Even when there was too much pain hidden behind his smiling face, and I knew it, Keaten added humor to our evening.

"So, you are my Destiny," he smiled, breaking the awkward silence of the first meet.

"I told you, I'm no one's Destiny," I kept my bursting emotions contained inside me.

He grinned, "You're beautiful, though," he whispered. And boy did I blush fiercely at his comment. I looked away, hiding my burning cheeks.

"I'm glad you find me so," I managed a reply.

Food came in soon, and we got engrossed in talks of our daily lives, and likes. He was a real sweetie. Not like other boys who try to win you, but one who tries to reach you. (You understand me, right?) 

At intervals, our legs would collide, or our hands would touch, and I would shiver. There were thousands of volts of electricity sparking inside my body. At that time, I even forgot that I had twenty failed dates before. And with him, I didn't mind another.

When I was about to leave, he took my hand in his palm and planted a chaste kiss on the back of my palm, "I hope to share another night with you," he smiled looking up directly at my eyes.

"I hope so too," I blushed madly. And then we parted.

It was the perfect evening for me! A mistake, I'll call it, because we merely shouldn't have ever met. I was in no mood to go. But I did. And I regret it now. I long for his touch now; I long for kiss, his face. I want him, Sammy. I want him badly now!

But the biggest problem now? I think its love at first sight with him.

Sigh,

Destiny.