16/ Caine

"She's not the same, she's not the girl you once knew!"
-Garroway Creighton

Chapter 16:

The black damask velveteen walls surrounded me as I fled into my room. Colors of silver, green, black, white and finally bronze surrounded me. I fled into my room which was hidden behind what looked like a large floor to water fall. It would keep me hidden for the time being. No one except I, knew of its existence. The room was also soundproof, so unless the vent was open no one would hear me.

I harshly ripped the dress from my body and carefully put my crown on a pillow in my armoire. I pulled out a black beats pill, and played "Riptide by Vance Joy." The words really got to me and I felt like the world was spinning around me. Everything had gone haywire. I was supposed to be dead! Stuck in limbo forever, surrounded by the darkness that had driven me to this depression and insanity. The idea of Cavalmet only kept me sane. It was where I was accepted, where I should have grown up and I had the world at the palm of my hand a people to look out for who had lost over a 100 years time. That they deserved back!

I sat down, before standing right back up upon hearing an echoing of my name. I looked at the back of the falls with resembled a mirror for I could see out but no one could see inside. Footsteps were approaching, but since the hall way so long they were still far off. I quickly stepped through. I walked forward until I clashed into a muscular body sending us both tumbling. He landed with a thud and me straddling his waist, he had a firm hold on me. I snapped my fingers turning on the few lamps nearby.

"Oh for the Angels sake, what do you lads want?" I said peering up seeing the Kings brothers all around me, looking down I see that Silas was the one to catch me. "Well ain't this a blast from the past?" I smirked, a slight scarlet rose to his cheeks.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I had been taken back to the throne room. In my underwear, for being used to everyone seeing me in training I went out in a gray sports bra, white nike spandex and my feet bare, but lucky I had time to throw on a large grey sweater. My hair was French braided like when I portal jumped. Right down the middle. I had begun to meditate and not listen to anyone. Zoning out was the way to go, I mean no one ever had anything important to say most of the time anyway. For it was all bullshit, unless we're in a war, but wait I'm not doing it so add to the list named:

Bullshit Caine Doesn't Care About.

"Candy Cane," a voice said and pushed me back alarming me and making me startled and grab their wrist in my own.

"What do you want Creighton ?" I basically growled out at him.

"Wow, last names and I know you're not a werewolf. Stop the growls." I barred my teeth at him anyway, he jumped back in fright. Shaking his head and talking to Lance. Wait, Lance?

I jumped and ran over into him, hugging on like it was dear life. His shirt was black and faded but it smelled of cinnamon, it smelled like home. He was an old flame that was familiar before he betrayed me, but I could never leave him forever. I needed him, he was a sturdy person, he was permanent. He chuckled and gave me a firm hugged and turned me around so he was giving me a piggy back ride.

Every time he did this as kids I always fell asleep, I could feel a yawn already taking over me. As I put my arms loosely around his neck, a voice sounded behind me. "Sorry to interrupt, but I believe Candy forgot she has another guy best friend who's here." I was handed over into a different pair of arms, knodding off on their lap cradled like a small child. He began to him, it vibrated through his chest and someway made me relax slowly. It felt as though I was on air, a very comfy cloud. " I missed you too Ry."

------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and without thinking about it snuggled closer into the person I was in this was even more comfortable than last night. The person let off a deep chuckle and I froze. I struggled to get up as when I lashed up the gripped me tighter, refusing to let go.

"Dar, let go." I strained against his hold, wasting my energy faster but, I didn't care I knew me being here wasn't a good idea. He pulled me down to his chest, tucking a loose piece of hair back into my braid, and then wrapping his arms back around me so I once again, in the comfortable position I had slept in just minutes ago. I gave off a sigh giving up for I was still drowsy, and fighting with him clearly wasn't going to do anything. I sat there pretending to be sleep until I heard soft snores coming out of his mouth, I shifted so I was sitting fully up.

His arms had loosened but not enough  so I could move without him waking up. He looked so relaxed, something since I've been back I haven't had a chance to witness. He was still the same Darius. Except older and I gladly say he's been at the gym. For my small frame, compared to his anyway, was sitting on top of a firmly chiseled out v line. My fingers naturally wandered to the small baby curls in his sideburns that I never allowed him to cut off.

They moved down to trace his more noticeable jawline, it matched him well. Rough when you rubbed him one way and smooth when you did him the other. My hands traveled upwards, past his piercings on the left side of his mouth, and I jumped a little startled when I noticed a pale blue eye staring at me. I looked down wishing my hair was down so it would curtain my embarrassed look.

He pulled my chin up slowly and gave me a drowsy smile, and gave off a big yawn causing me to laugh at his comfortablness around me still. I tucked a piece of hair back up when it fell away from the others. Only to have it fall back down, I pouted. He basically threw me off him, as I landed with a thump.

"Bloody bastard." I muttered rubbing my neck to get the cricks out, for I literally just had a rude awakening. Darius stretched a small part of his t shirt coming up and showing his torso. It didn't faze me for we had been in much less clothing that this many times before, FOR TRAINING OF COURSE. This coochie had no plans to be open for business yet.

Darius came over and lent down, tugging at my bottom lip. "Don't pout, you give boys hard ons already, and I don't like the idea of people trying to take what's mine." He said it lowly, the possessiveness coming out in his tone of voice. He helped me stand before walking away to the West wing.