8/ Aisy

"We should've had the chance to keep her from this. There's nothing left to crumble. "
-Heath

Chapter 8

I was walking along the old beaten path, Gregory, my biological father had said it lead to a train track and next to that a beach. Living here has been great. The people are so vibrant and the air is always fresh with a pinch of salt from the always moving sea.

Trees overshadowed the trail making it seem like an orchard. If only there were some apples.... Gawain has been the only reason I have kept myself alive up to this point. I thought everything here was perfect but the nightmares still haunt me. I wake up sweating like an oiled pig and my shirts are sticky and reek of body odor, it's like the boys locker room of a gym. Sweaty socks and deodorant ignorant boys who don't know how to at least spray some of the red cases Axe into the air.

The Kings gang ruled over this territory and I wanted Garroway and I to make up. Everything is so fucked yo and it made me want to scream and pull every single curly hair out of my head. Seems like the life here was too plastic. I know everyone sees me as the lost heir to the kingdom and they want to keep me away from it all, but they also act like all the eyes and noises around me I am deaf too Silas always somewhere close is getting old. Sooner or later I'm going to use the only useful thing my Dad taught me. Use a fucking baseball bat and bash all their faces in and out the other side of their skull. Arrest me for man slaughter, I'll still be away from still being treated like glass.

Laying on the trains track, I had a cigarette in my mouth and my back was across the bars as though this was a old time movie where the maiden was tied down and needed someone to save her, I didn't want to be saved.

The sun was blistering down on me making me sweat, even in a grey tank crop and black ripped shorts. My hair was down and straight, grazing my waist. The skidding of not picked up feet of the ground got my attention immediately. I already knew it was Heath. He had this impeccable knack to always be around when I started smoking. He held his hand out for a lighter and I tossed it to him.

"What are you doing down here, ragazza?" He spoke, his Italian tang came out when he used the word ragazza, girl. I never knew why me and Heath clicked right away, but him and Ory couldn't stand one another. Something about the way he carried himself and what he wore made the way I dressed make sense. Matching the girls all the time was our thing, but each piece and color showed out personality. I was the odd-ball, but my heart was a desolate place filled up to the brim with darkness. Heath was like that, you could see it. His features were always cold and unwelcoming like a stone statue. His speech was a mix of English slang, Italian and Old English, it was hard to understand unless you read a lot of literature.

Something else about him was I looked most like him instead of Silas. The train honking broke my train of thought, I ignored it and it got closer and closer until he yanked me off roughly glaring. His caramel dark choclatey hair was pushed through with his hand in frustration.

"You wanna die?" I shrugged he already knew the answer. I stopped answering because I could see the sadness his eyes tried to hide each time I said, "Often."

Heath POV:

My sister was as simple as reciting pi. She never freaking ended in her mysterious ways. From those silver boots to the long hair she refused to cut. My protectiveness of her was strongest of all 7. I remember the day she was born and I had a lot of pictures of her in wallet. It reminded me to keep going and that we were going to find her.

She was broken like a dvd skipping over parts or the illegally recorded movies from theaters where people decided to stand up and their shadow was seen.

I didn't know what went through her head sometimes because it always seemed like she was on a different planted where silver was the nation flag. Her back tattoo always interested me and I knew she got a crown with the words King in the band when she found us. Family was her safe haven from the Underworld she usually inhabits.

As we made it back in the house I went to the game room while Aisy went to sleep. She slept most of the hours of the day, like getting up would burn her and make her face reality. She was anything but a girl on her period. It would make me worry less sense they actually have emotion.

She should've grew up here and learn Our ways and go to all the family and city celebrations she should've never left my sight. She should've stay the little girl in the red dress in my wallet who didn't let anyone stop her from what she wanted. From what she deserved. She deserved the whole fucking universe and to be able to fill it with life and still have some in herself. She barely had enough life in her to fill a thimble.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 🙅 skillz!

The picture at the top if from Heaths wallet. It's Aisling a few weeks before she disappeared with her mom. More of these will appear because Heath has 3 of them in his wallet of her.

Question: Why do you think made Heath so spiritually close to Aisy?

Who's you're favorite King brother? Personally... You haven't met mine yet! Okay lies you met them all. My favorite is Reed he's a Cancer by the way, born June 29th. (He's Heaths twin)

Why do you think I picked these weird names for the characters? Answer: I want 6 kids, all boys 😁