1/Dahlia

"It's funny, because I've always preferred being a scratched record.."
~Dahlia Luschwick

Chapter 1

-pitter, patter, pitter, patter-
I've always had an incredible fascination of when the sky begins it's raging cry. The droplets of rain, and how they always found a way to merge, becoming one. Or, maybe it was how the noise was always constant, never leaving you to question whether or not it'd return. L

I sat, focused out the window, tapping my fingers to the beat of "Don't," by Ed Sheeran. The summer had just begun, and I was already hiding from the dread of packing. The gang had decided to have one last adventure before parting for college. I was being forced into going, so why not hold it off as long as I could?  They weren't allowed to leave without me anyway.

A large book was dropped down in front of me. I slid my teeth together, cringing slightly. My gray eyes traveled upwards, peering through the curtain of curly brunette locks I locked eyes of a certain sliver and green eyed boy with a large Cheshire like grin illuminating his features.

Callum.

"Eh-hm," he dramatized, seemingly upset. " Nice to see you too, darling. Isn't your name being a flower supposed to make you gentle and lovely?" His words echoed through my head, before I gave him a look.

"Valid point. Funny thing is I've always wondered that myself, ya?" I gave a sigh, rolling my lips, and running my fingers through my hair. " Dahlia- innocence and sweet, yet I'm not. Every single Dara has their problems and my anger helps me keep it. No matter what my parents would rather I'd be..... Or who." His eyes rose in question, but you could see the gears turning in his brain putting the pieces together. "I found out I'm adopted, and they didn't even have the guts to say something themselves. I guess my hearing just heard a little too much this time. I always hated the name Dahlia, good thing it isn't mine."

"It's Aisling. Not Dahlia,A proper lady who, "doesn't make us regret being her parents." They wanted a fragile little China doll that everyone wanted and envied, Call. Silly, because I've always preferred the term of a slightly scratched record."

I didn't wait for his response. I didn't want the pity he would show, the advice that would come out of his mouth. I got up grabbing my phone in the process, and sliding my earbuds in.

I walked out looking at 'We Heart It.' A picture caught my eye, reading "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken." I gave off a sigh as "She Will Be Loved," by Marron 5 flowed to my ears.

"Doesn't mean they can't crack," I thought.