Asher's POV Chapter 9

(Only the argument between the mom and Asher and then the end.)

I walked into the kitchen when Scarlett said she needed to get her backpack.

Her mother was standing there arms crossed.

"Oliver."

"What."

"I don't approve of you." She said in a strict tone.

"Why? After all these days, you still don't approve of me?" I put a hand over my chest.

"You are a bad influence."

I'm the bad influence?

"So are you."

We glared at each other until I heard Scarlett's voice.

"Ash- I mean, Oliver lets go." She grabs my arm and pulls me out the door.

"What was that?!" She said once we are on her bike.

"What was what." I replied smoothly.

"You can't talk to my mother like that." She said sternly.

I slowed down once we got to the school parking lot.

"And she can't speak to me like that." I parked the bike.

"You're probably the one who started it!" Her voice started getting louder.

"Riiiiight, cause I would just LOVE to start a fight with your mom." I rolled my eyes and got off the bike.

I knew she was following me.

"I don't care who started it, you continued it!" I froze.

She's crazy.

I turned around and walked straight up to her face, "I don't even know who you are right now. Defending your mom? The woman who treated you like shit for years? The one who made you pay all the bills, the one who could care less about your brother who died. She's the one who had the nerve to say I was a bad influence. That she doesn't approve of me. Once you get your act together, come and talk to me." And I walked away.

I couldn't stay there any longer. God I knew I fucked up but really? She's blaming me for arguing with her mom.

I ran to the back of the school. Behind the school was a forest. I ran deep into it and sat down on a rock.

After an hour I decided just to walk home. I leave the forest and start walking in the parking lot.

And then I see her with Max and all her friends.

"Scarlett!" I shout.

Max drops her into the ground.

She turns around and glares at me.

I go up and hug her.

"I know I fucked up." I whispered, but she didn't hear it.

She didn't hug me back.

And I didn't think that would be the last hug I'd ever give her.
----
I decided to do an epilogue with what happened to Scarlett after she ran away.

And no, Asher doesn't chase after her.

But the ending will be unexpected.

Thanks for reading!

Ps, I'm going to edit this WHOLE entire story, probably changing a lot of chapters and adding chapters.

Much love,

_turtledove_