Chapter 7 Skipping School

Shit.

School.

"Oliver!" I yelp, and jump out of his arms. "School!" He smiles and chuckles at me.

"I've never missed a day, let's go." I start jogging, and I realize my backpack was on the ground. I pick it up and start walking super fast to school, leaving Oliver and the crowd behind me.

"What's the rush?" He pulls on my arm.

"School!" I say and try to drag him away.

"So? Just say you're sick." He pulls you back.

"That would be a lie!" I yell at him as I try to pull away.

"Oh come on! Just miss one day. For me?" He gave me puppy eyes.

"It's your first day Oliver!"

"Pleeeeaaase!" He said.

"Why do you have to be so damn adorable." I say but let him drag me away.

"I have our day planned." He kissed my cheek and I blushed.

"What are we going to do." I say, probably more excited then I should of sounded.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." I groan. I hate surprises.

"I hate surprises." I say, "I remember I was younger and someone planned a surprise party for me and when they all yelled surprise I punched someone. It might of been my friend... Oh! And another time I wa-" he pecked my lips and continued to drag me to my bike.

"Hey! I was talking!" I yelled at him.

"Well you were talking to much." He said.

I pouted. When my bike came into view I ran to it and whispered, "I'm here baby, don't you worry."

Oliver just started laughing.

"Shhhh don't listen to him." I straddled the bike but right before I started it, I was pulled off and placed in the back.

"I'm riding." He said. I pouted and put my arms around his waist. I could feel his 6 pack through his shirt.

This isn't so bad after all.

He started the bike and drove off.

After about a half an hour we stop in the middle of nowhere.

"You're not going to kill me right?" I asked as soon as I got off the bike.

"No... I would have fun with you first." My eyes widened as he said this.

"I'm kidding." He said. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to him.

We gazed into each other's eyes. He pecked my lips and started to walk away.

"Hey!" I shouted, "Wait up!"

I caught up to him. His gaze was straight in front of him.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

No reply.

"Dude."

No reply.

"HEY LOOK I FELL."

No reply.

"I'm dying."

No reply.

"I'm going back." I turn around and is about to go back to the bike but he reached out and grabbed me.

"Don't leave yet." He whispered in my ear, "I have something to tell you." I nodded.

What does he want to tell me?

We walked for another 15 minutes.

"Oliver! My legs are tired!" I yelled trailing behind him slowly.

He stops abruptly.

"Oliver why'd you-" I look at our surroundings.

There was a huge tree in the middle and a circle of dirt around it.

Flowers were everywhere. Making the place smell beautiful.

"It's beautiful." I whisper.

"Come sit." He grabs my hand and we sit on a bench under the tree.

"What is this place?" I ask still in awe.

"Well, it used to be full of dead things but over the years I fixed it up. It's where I think." I kiss his cheek.

"What'd you want to tell me?" I ask, my hand still in his.

"Do you remember when you saw me crying at the fight club." I nod.

"Well, my mom had just died that night She loved that I fought, but if I ever disobeyed her, she would put me in my place. She was beautiful, just like you. My dad was a gang leader and died from a bullet hitting his head. And he had enemies. They put her in the hospital, she also got shot in the head and ended up in a coma." He paused to breath.

"You don't have to keep going." I said.

"No no, I should. My name isn't Oliver Burns. My real name is Asher Kane. And I killed the gang who killed my mom. My name was in the newspaper, that's why I changed it."

He was the one who killed 14 people... I froze.

"You can leave if you want, you can tell the police who I am. I don't care. I don't care anymore." A tear went down his face.

I took his face in my hands. My thumb wiped away the tears.

"Oliver, Asher, whatever you want me to call you. I will never do that. I won't ever do that."

At that moment I realized something. He isn't the boy I met at the arena, the strong boy who isn't a afraid of anything. He's the boy who's scared of people leaving him.

That's the boy I'm falling in love with.

Even after this amount of time.

"I think, I think I'm falling in love with you, I'm not completely in love, but I'm falling." After hearing this, his face relaxed.

"You're falling in love with me?" He asked, just to make sure.

I nod.

He kissed me. Bringing me closer by my waist.

I pulled away, sighing, "I should probably tell you about my brother..."

---------------

I downloaded the app again!

I deleted a lot of my apps and photos. And had enough space to download it again.

Thank you for reading.

Maybe a few more chapters.

Much love,

_turtledove_