TEOYAM | 13. Fading Fast

Start from the beginning

"You said you had a room."

"Yeah, this is the room."

"This isn't the room. This is the auditorium, Rach."

"No, missy. This is the room. Where else would you show us your piece?" She spoke, sitting by the front row as I took my time in climbing up the stage.

Was I really doing this?

I've never actually danced in school before. I mean, I did those small dance numbers for drama club but they weren't as serious as this one. Plus, what if some person was watching? I don't think I'm comfortable with that idea just yet.

"Any time now. You do want to leave early right, Ronnie?" Penny complained, tapping her foot on the floor.

People who don't know Rachel would find her antics rude, but I do find them endearing. She has her way of pushing people (me included), though they're sometimes harsh, but she does them out of love. She only does that to people she really cares for.

"So freaking impatient." I rolled my eyes as I walked to the nearest chair to place my blazer there and my shoes underneath the chair. I walked back to my previous spot in the middle of the stage, glancing at the almost empty auditorium.

I did miss this place and the people I used to share this stage with.

I do miss Harry.

As much as I hate to admit it, the uneasy feeling he has been causing me the past few days (weeks, actually) have given me just the right amount of inspiration to bring life to my audition piece. I read somewhere that art was supposed to make you feel something, and in my head and my heart, without a doubt, I knew that Harry is a piece of art.

I looked down at my feet as I took a deep breath, waiting for the music to start. "Are you sure about this, Rach? I mean, I haven't really-- danced in so long. Plus, it's a working process. Maybe we should just--"

"Just dance, Ronnie!" She shouted at me as she pressed play on her phone that was linked to the sound system.

Once the sound of Chris Brown's voice filled the auditorium, I started moving to the music. I was more nervous now than I was back at home. Partly because this was the first time I've ever showed this dance, something so personal and emotional, to anyone. Mostly because I can see the auditorium door from where I stood and the thought of someone walking in so easily and watch me dance was nerve wrecking, to say the least.

I tried my best to shove the thoughts away as I continued to dance, the way I did last Friday. I focused on how I felt when Penny and Rachel informed me about the kissing incident between Harry and Genevieve. The aching sensation in my chest was still there and it caused a tear or two to stream down my face while I danced. Once the music came to a stop, I quickly wiped the tears off my face as I remained on stage in a squatting position. I soon heard heels hitting the wooden floor and when it stopped, I felt four arms pull me up into a hug sandwich.

"Ronnie," Rachel gasped as she rubbed my back. "That was beautiful. But oh my God, are you alright?" She asked, evidently concerned.

"Yeah, are you okay? That dance was so emotional," Penny added.

"I'm fine. What are you talking about?" I forced a smile on my face as I stepped back. I don't really enjoy being pitied or hugs, for that matter. It made me feel incapable of doing anything for myself and I hated that.

"Don't play dumb with me," Rachel spoke sternly.

"I'm not playing dumb." I shrugged, turning on my heel and heading towards the stairs.