▲ c h a p t e r f i v e ▲

“Carmen! Stop it! Stop!” I screamed and stomped as we walked down the corridor of the hotel and my sister did her eager dance. An obnoxious series of odd movements that she's titled a “dance”. She swings her arms in front of her, as if she's stirring an enormous pot, while her stomach bobs in and out. This obnoxious smile on her face that she tried to suppress.

“Why!?” She turned to me, grinning a toothy grin, “I just slept with Niall Horan.”

She stopped in the middle of the corridor to do this eager dance, but with so much more enthusiasm.

“I'm gonna leave you out here,” I threatened, while turning towards our door.

Her little feet began running in small steps towards me, making a pitter patter on the carpet, “No, No, No! Don't leave me!”

When we got into the room, she immediately ran for her suitcases, throwing clothes every which way while she rummaged for the perfect thing to wear to this concert.

“Hey, Trin...” Her voice trailed in such a way that I knew she'd ask for something.

“No,” I say, plopping onto the couch.

“You don't even know what I was going to ask,” She squeals.

“No,” I respond anyways.

“But Trinnnnn,” She whines.

I get up, and walk into the back bedroom, to see a post apocalyptic scene, but instead of fire and dead bodies everywhere, there was clothing, and shoes.

I shoved her clothes back far enough for me to have a clean place to sit Indian style, and as soon as I got comfortable, I felt my iPhone vibrate in my back pocket. As you can imagine, I was pretty annoyed that after I'd gotten settled, my phone went off. I was even more annoyed to see an unknown number had texted me.

“Hey it's Zayn, the one you hate.”

“CARMEN!” I slammed my phone onto my bed, my cheeks glowing red.

“What?” She asked, avoiding eye contact, folding a pair of jeans on her lap.

I smacked the jeans from her hands, sending them flying to the ground.

“You NEVER fold clothes,” I purse my lips, “And why is this womanizer texting me?”

I crossed my arms over my chest, staring at her with a look that took her rose tinted glasses off long enough for her to realize that I was seriously upset.

“He was into you...” Her voice was small, and suddenly shy, “So I gave him your number and told him to give you a ring...”

“If you saw me reject him... why would you...” is all I could manage before Carmen interrupted me.

“BECAUSE IF HE WENT THROUGH SUCH GREAT LENGTHS TO GET TO YOU THEN THAT MEANS HE WANTS TO MARRY YOU TRINNITIE. YOU TWO CAN HAVE LITTLE REBEL KIDS TOGETHER, AND DO THINGS THAT AREN'T MAINSTREAM TOGETHER, AND HE'S GOING TO PROPOSE TO YOU ON STAGE!” She blurted, in a desperate cry.

I narrowed my eyes, “You read that in a fanfiction, didn't you.” My lip curled to the side.

She gave me a childish bratty look from over her shoulder, “Maybe.” She spat, then quickly turned back around to her clothes.

I decided to ignore his texts, and forget about it, since he already had my number, there wasn't much I could do to fix it. What's done can't be undone, so I just let it go. I had shoved more clothes over to Carmen's side of the bed, when I felt the rhythmic buzz again.

“I have an iPhone too. I know you read my text.”

I rolled my eyes.

“Creepy.” I texted back.