Chapter 4 - Relaxation is wonderful

Start from the beginning

"Evil woman, between that kiss and swish..." He let out a low rumbling growl out as he started to strip his uniform off.

~~~

Before leaving the room they made sure to take a good shower to wash the sweat and smell of sex off. Holcum had to admit both of them had really needed that. Yes there had been other times when they hadn't been able to but usually that was when they had been apart. Sleeping in the same bed and not doing anything other than talking and cuddling had been beyond frustrating. For the moment he had a rather relaxed expression on his face.

Mila had to smile up at him and lightly punched him in the side. "Wipe that cat in the cream smile off your face. Remember we are trying to keep this under wraps." Then again she was feeling rather relaxed and mellow herself and it was all she could do not to shift and find a sunny rock. Then again they were on the space station so that probably wasn't possible.

Holcum simply smiled a bit more. "Not happening Mila. Both of us greatly enjoyed renewing our connection with you." *I know I have said it before but I love you so very much. Just knowing you are willing to come with me to fulfill my dreams means more than you can imagine.* He lowered his eyes for a moment before looking back up. "Shall we see if there is somewhere we can let our cats out and play?"

She couldn't help but blush at his comment. *I love you as well even if you are still just an over grown kitten. As far as coming with you who said I didn't want to come as well? I know I kept urging you not to get too excited about it but that is part of my job. I don't necessarily plan on making a career out of it but I wouldn't mind seeing the solar system. If we get stationed aboard some of the new ships even going to visit one or two of the nearby systems sounds interesting.* There were several prototypes for FTL drives which worked. At the moment it was a case of deciding which was the best one to go with. They were all very expensive and since the world was still recovering from the final wars they didn't have a great deal of excess money. Maybe down the road they could look and use the other options but not now.

"I wonder if they have a park or something with greenery. Even if we can't change my cat would like to see some grass and trees if possible." Now that was going to be something she and her cat were going to really be missing. Before they had been accepted she had a full time job back on earth as Holcum was going to college. Both of them had, had a great deal of time to wander in their cat forms since they didn't have to worry about being found out now. There was still a great deal of mistrust and fear but they could change and not have to fear being found out.

He activated his communicator. "Sergeant Miller this is Cadet Holcum requesting to speak with you." He waited a few moments. For now they were slowly walking towards the barracks room they were in. It only took her a few minutes to respond.

"What do you need Cadet Whitewater?" She didn't bother asking if the room had been adequate. It wasn't any of her business as to what they might or might not have done.

"Cadet Controller Whitewater and myself wanted to know if it might be possible to let our cats out and if so where. If not does the station have some sort of a park with growing things?" They had been so busy he hadn't even considered that before Mila had suggested it.

Miller frowned since she wasn't sure about their letting their cats out. The regs for the cadets were different than for the active duty members. "Give me a moment Cadet Whitewater and I will check." She wanted to growl at them since for this she was going to need to send a request to Daichi and Ayaka. Miller sent a communication request to both of them with a brief message of the question.

It was only a moment later when her monitor indicated she had a call which she answered. When she answered she found both of them and since neither was in uniform she winced. "Good afternoon Captains, I am sorry to disturb you but Cadet's Whitewater have asked if there is a place they can let their cats out to play. If not they were wondering about using the park to wander in. They haven't been there yet but I don't see a problem with them simply walking through it."