Chapter 25~ Dani

I wake up with a sharp pain in my left leg. I am alone in a dark hospital room, the only light is from the sun peering in through the window with plain white curtains on top. My body is dressed in a blue and white polka dotted hospital gown. I look over to the opposite side of the room from where the window is to see a doctor walking in.

"Hello, Miss Morrison, how are you feeling?" The doctor asks. The doctor seems to be about sixty years old. He has barely any hair on his head and a wide grin on his face.

"My leg hurts.. what happened? Who are you?" I question, beginning to panic.

"No need to stress out, I am Doctor Meyer. You were in a car accident with two gentlemen with the first names of Aiden and Jonah. Do those names sound familiar to you?" Doctor Meyer says.

Then, it all comes running back to me. The truck hitting our car, making it spin out of control. My voice shrieking like a two year old who gets her toys taken away. The windshield shattering and then everything fading until I can't see anything else but darkness.

"Yes, they're my friends, are they okay?" I reply.

"Well, it seems Mr. Matthews is in a coma. Mr. Drew was cut very badly by the glass, so he is going to have lots of scars, but he is okay. They think Mr. Matthews will wake up in the next few days, but they can never be positive. By the way, you have a broken leg, which is why it hurts so badly," he explains.

Oh my gosh, poor Jonah. It's my fault he was in the car. Does that mean I'm going to be arrested since I invited him in there?

"How long will I be in here?" I ask.

"A few more days. You will have to have surgery. Your guardian would like to speak to you before that though, please make it quick we would like to get you prepped as soon as possible," he answers, and then walks out.

"My guardian?" I mumble to myself, and then I see a man coming towards the door.

That man is my dad.

"Dad?" I call out, and he looks at me.

"My poor baby, I'm so sorry for doing this to you," he states.

"What? You were the one that hit us?" I ask.

"No, no, no! I mean it's my fault, you wouldn't have ended up here if I had been a better father, and for that, I'm so so sorry," he answers, not even able to look at me.

"Are you getting a divorce?" I mumble.

"No, not yet at least, but I would like you to move back in, and let's see from there what happens," he announces.

"I don't know... can I think about it for now?" I ask.

"Of course, take as much time as you need. I would like you back in the few weeks when Christmas break is here. Jimmy might be coming to visit. Also, your step mother and Lillian will be heading out of town to see Lillian's parents of her biological father. They're going to be gone the second school gets out till the night before school returns, so what do you say, kiddo?" He asks.

"Maybe if Jimmy's there, but not a definite yes, at least for now," I answer.

"Alright, well I should be grateful for that. Well, I wish you luck during surgery. Stay strong, I know you're a tough girl," he replies, kisses my forehead, and then walks out.

Well, how awkward was that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After my dad leaves, I go into surgery.

After surgery, I wake up and go check on Jonah and Aiden. I see Jonah and immediately my heart breaks. He looks so sad and vulnerable. I hold his hand in mine and lean down and kiss his cheek.

"You can get through this," I mumble.

Then, I walk over to check on Aiden and he's not there. I run out of the room and to the information desk.

"Hi ma'am, how can I help you?" The lady asks. She has orange hair and light caramel skin. She's pretty accept the fact she kind of looks like a clown with all the red blush on her cheeks.

"My friend, in the room with Jonah Matthews, his name is Aiden Drew, he's gone!" I yell.

"We know, miss," she states.

"He's missing and you don't even care! What kind of hospital is this?!" I scream.

"Miss, he was checked out. Now, can we get you a wheel chair and take you back to your room? It appears you have a huge cast on your leg and you really shouldn't be walking around," she replies and someone gets me a wheel chair and rolls me back to my room.

When I get back, I begin calling and texting Aiden but he won't pick up or reply. I start to feel super tired so I fall asleep. When I wake up, he hasn't replied, so I try calling him again, but he ignores me. What is his problem?

~~~~~~~

Before I know it, I get to go home. So, I go to stay at Jonah's. I mean, what am I going to do? Stay with someone who can't even text me one word?

At dinner, no one talks, well, Jacy says she is glad to have me back, but thats it. After dinner, I head outside to get some fresh air, and guess who I see?

"Kristin? What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Be careful," she mutters, shivering. She must be cold in the black tank top and cropped leggings she has on.

"With what?" I ask.

"Aiden, he was trying to kill you and Jonah," she answers.

"What the heck? That's low, even for you," I reply.

"He told me when I took him home from the hospital, he only said yes because he knew it'd be the perfect time to get rid of both of you. He's jealous. He wanted to punish Jonah for taking you and punish you for picking Jonah," she explains.

"Whatever, Kristin," I growl, and head back inside.

"Don't say I didn't warn you!" She yells, and I slam the door as I head inside.

I head upstairs and hop into bed. I think that Kristin is crazy but at the same time I wonder what if Kristin is being honest?

~~~~~~~~