A couple of weeks ago we had gotten a letter from a certain someone, and I believe that you can guess who it was. It said that someone was going to get hurt and that he knew about Irisa. There was no ransom, nothing that we could do to stop it. It was horrendous. Josh and I were the only ones who knew and I wanted to keep it that way, we didn't need this right now. 

It was crucial that we didn't tell Tristan. He would go after Irisa and then both of them would get hurt. 

It could be seen as selfish that I was doing this but if being selfish was going to keep my children safe then I would do everything I could.

*****************************

Tristan's POV

I walked into class the next day feeling rather depressed. I probably looked as bad as I felt. I hadn't gotten any sleep last night. As I made my way to my desk I say Brittany. She gave me a look of sympathy and came up to me to give me a hug. I really needed the support from a friend.

I sat down next to Brittany and Elizabeth. Through the whole lecture I wasn't paying attention. I couldn't not when I was worrying about my mate who was not currently in the class. I didn't know why she wasn't there but it made me worry. Was she ok? Was she sick? Was she having problems?

Even if she had broken up with me I was still in love with her and I would do everything I could to make sure that she was safe. It's the least I could do.

"Are you okay?" Elizabeth asked me as we made our way out of the class. I just shook my head. If I spoke I would burst and I didn't want anyone seeing me like that.

"Well I'm going to see her, if that's okay?" She asked and I nodded before walking away. 

"Hey, I'm going to help you get to the bottom of this." She said catching up to me and I just nodded again.

**************************************

Irisa's POV

I looked through my many photo albums. Looking at my childhood memories made me a little bit happier. It didn't help fully though. I planned not to go to any of my lectures today. I knew that I would see Tristan in one of them and then around the campus and I couldn't stand the confrontation.

I was currently ribbing up pictures of me and Sandor. The hatred I felt for him couldn't even be described. He had betrayed both me and Jaelyn. We had planned everything. When was he going to break up with me or tell me that he was dating someone else? It was all so stupid. I don't think I've ever cried as much as I have in 24 hours. Not even when my parents died. I think that was because I was so shocked at the time.

My chest hurt from the pain of it all. I'd always planned to never let someone else in but I had and it was amazing. I was so truly in love.

I think that hit me when Kaidan had literally disappeared, how much I was in love with Tristan. He meant everything to me but I couldn't do anything now. Not if I wanted to keep everyone safe.

I'd never played the hero before and it was making me feel very sick. I would rather be the damsel. I didn't like all the pressure on my shoulders.

To make me feel even worse, my roommate came in last night kissing someone's face off. That just made me break down even more.

There was a knock on the door and I let out a grunt for the person to come in. The door slowly opened and I looked up to see Elizabeth.

"Hey Liz." I greeted and quickly wiped away the tears from under my eyes. 

"How are you?" She asked and looked over at the photo albums scattered all over my bed. 

"I could be better." I answered truthfully. Elizabeth was one of my best friends, I had to tell the truth to her. "How's Tristan?" I asked. I just had to know how much pain he was in because of me.

"Not as good as you." She said and I dropped my head in my hands. I hated that I had done this, that I had let someone make me do it. "I've never seen him like this," she continued, "He isn't concentrating, he isn't sleeping and he's playing with his food. And he loves his food, so that is saying something. I had hoped that I would never see my brother cry because something bad had happened but last night he did. He sat on the couch and cried into my mother's shoulder. I just have to know, why did you do it when he was obviously so in love with you?" She asked and I completely broke down into my hands. Elizabeth began rubbing my back as sobs racked my body.

"I-I-I was trying to protect him-all of you- I was trying to keep everyone in my life safe." I managed to say through sobs. She continued to rub my back as I cried until her phone beeped.

"I'm sorry, I have to leave. Please when you make decisions think of my brother." She said before disappearing into the hall.

The ache in my chest was still there and I had a feeling it would be there for a while.

*****************************

Elizabeth's POV

It was sad seeing my best friend and my brother like this. But what she had said, I didn't understand it. There was only one person that I knew would be able to help me, she might even know what it is about.

I walked through the hallways of the pack house until I found the room that I wanted. I knocked on the door and waited until I heard someone say to come in. I walked over to the desk and sat down at one of the chairs in front of it.

"Mum, I need answers." I said. I knew she could read my mind so I didn't need to elaborate. She pursed her lips together and wriggled the ring on her finger. I knew that she did this when she was nervous and didn't know what to say. I waited patiently until she cleared her throat.

"A couple of weeks ago, your father and I got a letter from Prince Kaidan saying that he found out about Tristan's mate and that he would break our pack, kingdom and family. I have a feeling that he is the reason that Irisa and Tristan are no longer together. But you mustn't tell your brother. He will do something that could get both him and his mate killed." She said and I nodded. 

It was going to be hard to do it but if I had to I was going to lie to make sure that my family was still intact at the end of this.

___________________________________________

Mauruuru koutou katoa mo te tai'oraa i teie nei pene.