TMG 37: Doubts and Trust

TMG 37 ♠

Vincent Mc Garden

"What are you doing here?" was the first question I managed to stutter after stopping him from his track. The game has just ended and I wouldn't let this chance go to talk to him. It's just confusing to see him here, flesh and warm, without a notice or a warning after the last time I saw him at VF party.

And there's this annoying fact that I really can't deny myself, a slight tug in my chest from the scary realization that he might disappear again in a blink, without a word, just like what he usually does since we're kids. But I there's no way I would say it aloud. Not in front of him. Not in front of my own. No.

He's no longer wearing a mask so I can now clearly see how he crinkles his nose, probably in distaste or disapproval of what he heard. I can clearly see how his brows slowly knitted, looking down on me to meet my supposedly blank eyes but I know I already failed to do it the moment he call me 'that' name.

I'm freaking screwed and I hate it. Damn it.

"I'm studying here."

"Why?" And I wanted to curse myself after the question rolls off my tongue too quick for my own liking. But swallowing down the slight embarrassment from my own action, I asked again, "Why here?"

He shifts on his heels, making me realized that I'm still holding his wrist and so I quickly pulled my hand back like I was burnt by the contact.

"You know what," he paused, catching my full attention, "this is not the welcome I was expecting from you, my Vincent."

I clipped a shut up before looking anywhere but him.

What the hell? What kind of 'welcome' is he expecting from me? Throw him a party or something? That's lame. And why would I even welcome him if I was still confused as fuck here? He just disappeared without a blink when we're still kids. He disappeared on the very time I needed him the most. Then he appeared at the party and disappeared again in just a breath without a word. And now he's here again, in my very front, startling me with his existence. Why does he always appears when I least expecting him to see?

A warning would be better. Tch.

"I'm sorry if I left that party without saying goodbye," he said in a soft voice and for a second there, I was tempted to look at him, observed how his face would soften and how those dark eyes would pierce mine. I wanted to, but I won't. "I'm sorry if I had to leave when we're still kids. I'm sorry if I had to leave you here alone. I'm sorry. I'm sorry if I didn't—"

"Stop," it comes out harsher than I originally intended but I could careless, not after a string of sorrys I heard from him.

"My Vincent—"

"I said stop. Stop this. Shut up! Oh fuck." Napahilamos na lang ako ng dalawang kamay sa mukha bago inis siyang tiningnan. Gulat... gulat ang tanging sumalubong sa'kin bago napalitan ng pagkalito ang ekspresyon nito.

Damn it, King. Don't give me that familiar look. Shit.

"I-I'm sorry," he whispers, dropping his eyes to the ground like it was the most interesting thing on Earth before scratching the back of his neck with his right hand – his usual reaction every time he'll noticed I'm starting to get mad.

I heaved a sigh, boring holes on him. "Obviously, this is not the right place for your lame sorrys. Don't talk anything about it in front of them." I informed, subtly moving my head to my left when he looks up, where Superiors are heading in our general direction.