TMG 35: Her Story

Ayo troublemakers, ladies and gentlemen! Are you still with me? I hope so. Sorry, got issues with my disabled laptop and it's a pure torture typing in phone. Ang dami kong gustong itype pero 'di ko magawa kaya maiksi lang 'to *sighs* wala rin 'tong proofread and edit.
- - - ×

TMG 35

Azmaria Bezarius

Am I bad for thanking God that this incident happened to Devy?

I sighed a deep breath, contemplating with the question that has been running through my head for the last days since Devy had woken up from comatose. For other people, of course that idea sounds so much ridiculous and the answer would be obvious; and that will be a big yes. But I'm not them. I will never be them. And so, for other people, my answer would give them so much disappointments and judgements because my answer will be a big no.

No. I'm not bad. It's just right to thank God that it resulted to this.

Yes. I secretly thank God that all these happened to Devy 'cause at least now, she'll be under our full protection. There would be at least two pair of eyes of Ferrer Mafia reapers that will be nailed on her every move. And I'm a hundred percent sure that Vincent will take an action to this.

I looked up at the blinking red light of pedestrian, waiting for it to change to green. I slightly jumped on my feet when chilly wind of early December blew and caressed my exposed cheeks as I instinctively tucked my hands in my hoodies' pockets.

Red light finally change to green, cue for me to cross the street. Half running, I immediately turned my heels inside the Coffee Shop. A comfortable warmth mixed with the smell of brewed coffees and pastries embraced my system. I then quickly roamed my eyes to find the person I am going to meet.

A small smile tugged the corners of my lips when our eyes met. Her usual bored face was there, painted with a small frown for me being late a couple of minute to the said call time while comfortably sitting at one corner where there are only two people on her left, occupying the table at the far end.

"Sorry, I was late," I said in a small voice, just enough to reached her ears.

"Azmaria," she called as she looked up.

I gave her a short nod, plopping myself at the vacant seat in front of her.

"Where's L?"

She quickly shrugged her shoulders, quirking an eyebrow. "I don't know."

I slowly nodded my head, acknowledging her answer. He maybe busy tracking Rogues' hideouts with the other reapers like the usual.

"What do you wanna eat? I'll pay."

She waved her right hand in dismissal. "No need, I already ordered for two," she paused, staring at me with her knitted brows. "Well, I ordered two mocha latte, I hope you don't mind."

"Nah. It's fine." I quickly answered though deep inside, I was hoping she got me caramel macchiato instead. "It's fine, Empress. Thank you."

"No need to call me like that," she hushed, softer than necessary. "Just call me my name, Azmaria. For a fair square 'cause I'm not calling you R."

My eyes dropped on the table as I bit my lower lip between my teeth to hold back the threatening smile that was about to unleash.

I never knew Vincent could pull off such cute expression.