TEOYAM | 12. Lost In Your Eyes

Start from the beginning

"No, but this is stressing me out. And to think I just went to the spa this morning. You're ruining my vibe, Ronnie." She scoffed. Rachel was also walking the show, but unlike me, she didn't audition. She took the easy option, which was introduce herself as herself and they gave her a spot without thinking twice. "Just, promise me you'll get in? We have to walk last together. That is not an option."

"I will try my best, okay? Just relax. You're not even the one who's auditioning and yet you sound more stressed out than I am," I laughed.

"You stress me out. If I didn't love you, I swear to God I would've strangled you by now. Okay, maybe not. I don't like getting my hands dirty, but you know full well what I mean!"

"Yeah, yeah. I know."

"What name did you even gave them? I'm surprised they haven't recognized you yet. I mean, this isn't your first Fashion Week experience."

"I told them my name is Rocky."

"Rocky?!" She shrieked, making me pull my phone away from my ear as she screamed and cursed at me from the other line. "What the freaking hell were you thinking, Ronnie? You gave them a dog's name! I'm surprised they didn't call you Sir when they texted you."

"One of them did, actually. I corrected her so no worries." I shrugged, making my way towards the room where the auditions for Academy of the Arts was held. "Okay, that's enough tips for today. I gotta go. I'm at the door. Wish me luck!"

"Okay, break a leg!" She beamed, "Oh! And before I forget, don't fall off the stage. Don't! Got it? Got it! Say you got it!"

"Got it, mother," I mocked her, laughing as I hung up. I stood in front of two large doors that were most definitely heavier than I was. I was nervous. Maybe that was part of the reason why the door felt more heavier that it was when I placed my hand on the door handle and tried pulling it. The audition isn't exactly what I'm nervous about. What I was nervous about was what if they recognize me right away and accept me because of that.These doors were the only thing (or in this case, the only two things) standing in between me and the chance to walk on the runway on my own. I was about to pull the door open when I caught glimpse of someone from the corner of my eye.

"Harry?" I spoke a little too loud.

"Ronnie, hey!" He grinned and stepped closer to me, wrapping an arm around my waist before pulling me towards him and giving the top of my head a kiss.

"What are you doing here?" We spoke at the same time.

"You first." We said in unison again, making me laugh. He motioned for me to go first.

"Well, I'm auditioning. I want to walk for the Academy of the Arts show. What about you?" I asked, pointing at the brown envelope he was holding using my lips. "Are you auditioning too? I never took you as one who was into modeling." I narrowed my eyes and nudged him playfully on the side.

He gave me a lopsided grin as he ran a hand through his hair, "you're funny. But you know me too well, I am not auditioning for any shows. I'm applying as a waiter for the catering that's handling New York Fashion Week. They told me to come here today so..."

"Oh, I see." I nodded, swaying from side to side. "Wanna let a friend know why?" I couldn't keep my curiosity to myself.

"Uhh, I don't mind but... aren't you late for you audition?"

I glanced at my watch and saw that I was, by some freaking miracle, fifteen minutes early for my scheduled audition. "Actually, don't be so quick to judge because I am fifteen minutes early." I winked at him, nodding proudly of my achievement.