The Start of My Day

When the van arrived at the dull brick building I jumped off hype as usual only to cover up the pain I felt inside from the night before . I went to the nurses station and then headed to class to start my day.

As I walked in the class room I could feel all my troubles fall behind me it was like school was my way to escape it all .

Mr. Phillips ( Case Manager ) - Goodmorning Amari

Me - Goodmorning

I went to my seat, turned around and started talking to my best friend Alex .

Alex - Wassup super daddy pimp juice !

Me - Hey Alex

Alex - I tried to call you yesterday to see if you wanted to hang out but you didn't answer nigga .

Me - Sorry it was a rough night my mom was acting like an ass I don't have time for it .

Alex - What happened ?

Me - Its a long story I'll tell you during rec

Alex - Ok

I turn around in my seat only to witness my other case manager writing a journal on the white bored , " huu " , the whole class moaned as Mr. Johnson told us to take out some paper

Mr. Johnson - Who needs a pencil ?

* Half of the class raises their hands *

Me - I do ah fidi five

The whole class laugh at my corny saying , then started joking around until the teacher walked in the classroom with a bunch of books in her hands .

Mrs. Carter was short and dark skinned . She amused the class with her ugliness . No one knew how old she was the only thing we knew was that she was old enough to be our grandmother . For some reason she didn't want to tell us her age , I guess she knew we were gonna fry the life out of her.