The hospital ward was a massive room filled with fifty cots for the injured and sick, carts wheeling needles and liquid medicine, and washing buckets at each bedside for the patient to be sponged daily. The infirmary had such a negative vibe to it, but they did their best to make it seem like a nicer atmosphere by taking advantage of the windows producing natural sunlight, as well as having colorful blankets line the beds.

"Where is she!" a roar thundered against the walls, interrupting their scan of the ward.

It's him, Leah thoughts. He's talking!

"Now, Your Royal Highness, I'm sure she'll be here soon, I had the message delivered, but please lay back and-"

"Harry."

She had followed the voices and cleared the way of a white curtain that blocked the outside from seeing the patient being treated.

The nurse dressed in a long cream dress with a grey apron appeared relieved at the sight of the girl and let out a sigh. She figured maybe now the Prince would calm down. He had finally woken up and instantly demanded to see Lady Leah even though the pain coursing through his arm had yet to cease.

Harry's face softened. "Leah."

There was an evident scrape soaring across his forehead, red and puffy but disappearing under his flop of unruly hair. He looked bruised, tired, and hurt.

"Oh my.." she muttered, cupping her mouth at the sight of a battered Harry. He didn't look the same, but he put on a strong face for her.

"Come here, I'm okay," he assured her, extending his right arm since that was the one that didn't have a bullet coursing through it.

Leah hesitantly stepped forward, not wanting to hurt him. Once his arm encased her back she lunged at him, hugging him so tightly.

"How did this happen? Tell me how you feel and be honest. What the hell even happened?" Leah blabbered on, stopping when she realized she didn't even ask him what actually happened to his arm.

"I was shot."

"Oh my God, you were shot," she mumbled, repeating exactly what Harry just confirmed. That made him chuckle. "Well, are you getting an operation done? Is anyone helping you? Why isn't anyone helping you!"

Leah looked insane, blurting out whatever came to her mind. She hated seeing him in this dingy cot bed.

"Lady Leah, don't you worry," the nurse then said, walking in. "Once the village surgeon arrives we will begin Prince Harry's operation to remove the bullet."

She nodded, satisfied, but worry grew deep within. Operations were dangerous and she couldn't bear to see him more hurt.

"This surgeon better be damn good," she tutted under her breath and Harry laughed a real laugh at her sly comment. A fond smile broke out on his face.

However, Harry's grin quickly turned into a deep scowl when a rustling of footsteps sounded from behind the curtain. Niall had been standing on the outside, waiting for some sort of queue to come in so he could wish a fast recovery for the Royal.

The butler's intentions were good, but the outcome was not.

"Who's that behind there?" Prince Harry called out with a skeptical tone. Out of instinct, he grabbed on to Leah's hand from his bed.

Niall stepped in, pushing aside the curtain. Leah held her breath.

"What are you doing down here? You should be working, I don't need anything," Harry said, then stopped, sensing the tenseness of Leah. He didn't connect the dots at first. But then the gears shifted in his brain. The Prince's jaw clenched. "You have two seconds to explain why the fuck you were with her before you're fired."