Chapter Twenty-One: The Dark Half

Chapter Twenty One: The Dark Half
Whoa, you guys seriously did some spinjitzu?" Jay questioned, it wasn't really hard to tell that he was rather shocked that we were able to on the first go. I wasn't exactly sure how they went through training, and how long it took, but I was guessing that it took them a little time to master it. I was willing to bet that he was starting to think that we got it down right off the bat, but I couldn't call it that. I informed him that it wasn't perfect. but it was a good start. "Oh, okay. Well, it's going to take a little time to master. It took us a while to, just so you know."

"That's good to know," I admitted. Like I expected, it wouldn't be easy to master it at first and would end up taking a little bit of time to do so. I was about to ask them about how long it took them to learn it themselves until I was interrupted by the loud buzzing noise of some kind of alarm. "Uh, should I be worried?" I had the feeling that it wasn't going off for just some random reason, but for something important.

"Most likely, yeah," Nya told me as she checked the red glowing bracelet on her wrist, which she used to bring up some kind of holographic screen. A map of Ninjago popped up in front of us, and a red light flashing where Ninjago City was on the map. "Something's in Ninjago City, and it's something big! And what ever it is, is all over ninjago! " she exclaimed. I had the feeling that this had something to do with the shadows that came up a few weeks ago, what else could it be? "You think the shadows are back?"

"I don't doubt it," Cole said. As I fears, that's what was the most obvious and what everyone else was thinking. "We need to split up into teams and cover as much ground as possible!" We all agreed to that, deciding to slip up into groups of four: Kai, Nya, Lloyd and Shadow. And Zane, Jay, Cole, and I.

We all got a closer look at the map until I noticed something. I gestured my hand around the entire map "Hey, they're at two locations. We can take the north, you guys take the south," they nodded in agreement. Before I knew it we were off, and unfortunately I still had to ride on the back of one of the guy's dragon. I stuck with Cole because i didn't want to get shocked by Jay's again and I didn't want to see what Zane's resulted in. Yeah, Coles left me with an uncomfortable ride but that best being shocked and having frostbite by the time you got there.

It didn't take that long for us to reach Ninjago City, and when we got there we split up into the two teams we agreed on, and we headed north. "I just realized that you guys never told us about what these shadows can do exactly, as in how they fight," I told Cole and Zane. I wasn't sure if they learned anything about them, as in their fighting styles or anything along those lines, and if they did I was hopeful that they'd shared anything with Jay and I. I mean, why wouldn't they?

"We didn't learn much. We saw them come out of the snakes, but that's about it. The thing is, they didn't even try to fight us, which is why I'm worried," Cole told us. I wasn't sure what to make of that, it had to mean something if they didn't fight. And with the idea of them coming out of the snakes had to mean something too. They obviously had control over them somehow, which is what worried me the most. I'd never heard of something like that so I wasn't exactly sure what to think at this point.

"Then we'd better keep our guard up," I suggested. It was the best idea since none of us knew what to expect. We'd be somewhat ready to face up against whatever they threw at us which could be anything at this point. "I have the feeling that that's why the snakes were acting so weird, because of the shadows," I admitted. "You said how you saw them come out of the snakes, right? It sounds to me as if they're possessing them. What do you guys think? It makes the most sense, seeing all the facts we know so far."

"It's a fair guess, but we should find out why before we draw any conclusions," Zane chimed in. I agreed with him, but the shadows being able to take over someone was something that would still be on the top of my list of suspicions here. I still thought that was the case, but I wouldn't come to any conclusions until I knew more. At the corner of my eye I saw something come out of his arm, and I glanced over to see a metal bird. "I'll send the falcon out to get an aerial view of the city," he let the thing fly away, and I just stared at it in confusion. Did I see that right... It came out of his arm? I just shrugged it off and didn't think much more of it, and instead looked down on the town.