Chapter Seventeen: A Night To Remember

I sat across across from at the small table that had been resting in the training room for people to sit and rest at. I tapped my fingers against the wooden table as I wondered what to say, waiting for Jay and Kai to be done talking to Wu. "So," I broke the silence. "you really want to join the team, huh?" It slowly began to make sense to me that she wanted to, she probably wanted to work with people to help make a difference. It was hard to do that alone, but it was much easier when you were working with other people, no one could deny that.

"Yeah," she nodded "but I'm surprised that you all agreed right off the bat. I never thought you would and that you'd need to think about it instead, but I guess not," she told me. I didn't think that she would think about that and wonder if we'd say no at first. At least we didn't, it felt like it was the right thing to do by giving her a chance and not letting her down. We'd just need to wait and see what Lloyd, Cole, and Zane had to say and if they'd agree. I had the feeling that they'd say yes though because they didn't seem mean enough to just say no. We give people chances, or at least people who deserve them, and won't not give someone a chance.

"Well I probably would have thought the same thing if I were you. But hey, it's just where the wind took you," I chuckled, taking appreciation that I could say that as a catch phrase sometimes. You just couldn't be an elemental and not do that! There was just something about it that you couldn't resist, and maybe it'd be fun to see which one of us could come up with the most. I coughed, to get myself back on track. "I have the feeling that they'll agree to let you join, trust me," I assured her, hoping to keep her hopes up. "Oh, maybe while we wait you can show me what you can do. I'm actually curious to see what you can do with that elemental powers of yours, along with you hand-to-hand combat skills. It'd be nice to see what you can do with a weapon."

"I don't see why I can't. But let me warn you, I'm badass with a bow and arrow," Shadow avowed, seeming confident in her skills of using a bow and arrow. I wanted to see just how good she was with a weapon and hoped that she was just as good as she was claiming to be. I've never actually seen anyone use one for a while, and the only time that I have is when I was testing out a bunch of weapons to see which one seemed to fit me the best. The Bow and Arrow was a long shot, a very very long shot, which is why I don't use it myself. Kusarigama just seemed to click with me the first time I used it, and I just had the gut feeling that it was the weapon for me, and look at me now, I'm using it now and really good at it.

I walked over to the weapons rack with her and let her pick out the bow of her choice, her picking up a silver bow that looked to be strongly put together, yet light at the same time. But who was I to judge a bow and arrow? I didn't know much about them compared to a kusarigama. I knew a lot about those and I never came across a person who knew more than I did. You could say: I'm the master of the art of Kusarigama. Probably not though, there's bound to be people out there that are better at it than I am. I'm just great at it compared to how long I've been working with them, which was since I was seventeen, so about six years now.

She walked over to the training dummies that had targets on them. What I liked about the ones here was that there was a few different ones: Those, metal ones that were good for elemental powers, stuffed ones that were good for combat, and wooden ones wrapped in cloth which were good for weapons. Well, the ones with targets were good for weapons too, but more for long ranged ones like the Bow and Arrow, Kusarigama, Throwing Knives, Etc. "You can go when you're ready."

"Okay," she nodded, stepping in front of the dummy at an appropriate distance. I stepped back to give her enough room to shoot, sitting on a bench. I let my elbows rest on my knees as I observed how Shadow handled the bow and arrow. She gripped the handle tight in her left hand and grabbed an arrow with her right. She carefully put it on the string of the bow and pulled it back. A few deep breaths later she let it fly and it almost hit the center of the target.

"Damn," I leaned forward. "That's good, but can you shoot without taking so long? It's not that it was bad, just in battle it'd be better to go as quickly as you can and not wait," I suggested to her. She was a good shot but in my opinion, it'd be better if she was a little quicker and didn't hesitate to let the arrow go. I sat back and added "I think that it'd help you, believe me."

She grabbed another arrow, nodding "Yeah, maybe you're right," She put it on the string again and this time she didn't take that long to shoot. And like before she nearly hit the center of the target. I knew that if she shot a little faster that she'd still hit the target. She let her bow fall to her side and she turned to me "So, what do you think about that?"

I rubbed my hands together and say up, admitting "Not too bad, some of the best I've seen. Well, I shouldn't be saying that because I haven't seen someone shoot a bow and in such a long time."

"Maybe I could show you a couple of things, if you want," she walked over to the target and pulled out the two arrows that she had shot into the target "And you could show me something in return?" she brought the back over to the weapons rack and placed it in the exact spot it was resting before, along with the arrows where they were supposed to be "That's what a team does, help each other improve, right?"

"Yeah, exactly. They're already showing me a couple of stuff now, like show to summon my elemental dragon.

She raised an eyebrow "Elemental dragon?" she questioned, sounding as if she was oblivious to what they were. I guessed that it made sense because neither did I and neither of us were around the others to learn it when they did. I understood that all the others knew about them and learned it with the guys, which would explain why we didn't. I wonder why they hadn't learned it sooner because Wu must have known about it, since he worked with the masters before us and it would be crazy if they didn't know about them and could have actually summoned them themselves.

"I know, must sound crazy, huh? I don't learn about them myself until yesterday. I'm not the best one to explain it to you, the others should be the ones, but just to put it into simple terms based off of what I've learned: They're your elements represented dragon that's inside you waiting to be unlocked, like your true potential was, which you can eventually use to fly. They can explain it to you in greater depth, but that's the basics that will keep you from wondering too much about it. Should keep you sane till you learn the rest of it."

"Wait, it can seriously help you fly? Okay, that'd be awesome. Wait, what about you? You're the wind elemental so shouldn't you be able to fly in some sense?"

I shook my head "Nope," I told her "That thing I did earlier, it only allows me to go a certain height and for a certain about of time," some people who found out that I was a wind elemental right away assume that I can, but I reality I really can't. I can use it to jump really high sometimes like I did before. I used it as a driving force, as I would call it, to push me off of the ground. If I did it straight done I could potentially go higher depending on my current level of power, which also determined how long I could stay in the air for. Whenever I try to explain it to someone they always get confused so I just tell them what I told her to keep things as simple as I can.

"Oh. That's still cool though. It's some of the things that are unique to your element. Kind of like mine, and Griffin's, is speed that no one can reach even if they tried," now hearing it, I never really thought about that, how each of us had a special ability that the others didn't have. Like for me it was that I could use my powers to jump rather high or quickly force myself at something with it. The only exception for the jumping part was the master of gravity, since he could just levitate up when he manipulates gravity.

"I'm jealous of that, I bet everyone is," as I said that, I heard the door to the training area slide open to reveal all five of the guys. I smiled "it's about time you guys came back, too you long enough," I joked. We walked over to them and Lloyd, Cole, and Zane all looked rather surprised to see Shadow standing next to me. I had the feeling that the next few minutes were going to be some weird moments for the three of them, needing to hear everything that happened while they were gone.