Chapter Fourteen: If Only I Knew

Chapter 14: If Only I Knew

"Come on, we're getting ready to leave!" I faintly heard someone's' voice as my eyes slowly opened. I could see the blurred color of blue standing at the foot of my bed with someone pulling at my covers. I just sighed and ignored them, still half asleep. "We'll leave without you if you don't wake up," Jay started to pull harder on my blanket. Well, maybe if he'd stop pulling on my blanket I'd get up. I kicked his hand rather hard and he pulled it away, holding it in his other "Hey, hey, don't kick me."

"Sorry," I finally threw my covers off of me, watching them fall on the floor. I yawned and pulled myself out of my warm bed, wishing that I could have had like five more minutes like a lot of other people would probably want as well. "Now please get out, gotta get dressed," I waited for him to get out of the room before grabbing my Ninja Gi. I looked over at Nya's bed and just realized that she was gone, I wonder where she was. I shrugged and put my Gi on, then headed out for the training area. I walked in to see the guys talking to each other. "Heyo. You guys ready to go?"

The five turned to me, Lloyd speaking up. "Yeah, we were just waiting on you."

"Sorry to keep you waiting," I laughed.

"No problem," Kai insisted. "Let's get going, I wanna find out about all of this as soon as we can."

"Same," the six of us made our way for the front of the monastery before stopping. Weren't we supposed to be leaving for the monastery, not stopping in front of it. I watched the others form their elemental dragons, Kai and Jay starting to fly off. "Uh, guys, forgetting something?" I called to them. Didn't they remember that I hadn't learned that yet and that I couldn't just fly there on my own? I swear to god if they didn't, it'd just prove to me that they weren't paying attention, especially Cole and he was the one that I told!

Cole looked down at me. "Oh, I almost forgot," almost? How do you almost forget something? You either forget it or you don't. "Need a lift?" he cracked a half smile to me, landing the dragon so I could hop on as well.

"Obviously," I did exactly that, right before he flew off after the others. I wasn't sure where we were going, they didn't tell me where they were hiding out, but I trusted them that they'd get us there in one piece. "So, when am I gonna learn to summon a dragon too, huh?" I questioned him. Not surprisingly, it was one of the first, if not the first, thing that wanted to learn. I mean, who wouldn't want to learn to summon a dragon that they could ride on? It'd sure be easier to travel around. especially alone. That way I wouldn't need to walk everywhere I went, it would have been helpful to know before I came here.

"As soon as we get this snake situation sorted out, don't worry," good, I was looking forward to it being the first thing that I'd end up learning, like I had been hoping. He continued to fly behind the others, and it had been a quick thirty minutes before we actually got somewhere that wasn't forest. And where was it, fricken Ninjago City! In all my life I'd only been there a couple of times, and it seemed so much bigger now for some reason. We landed in a park in the heart of the city, colossus buildings surrounding the whole thing. They looked at each other, then into the streets. "Come one guys," Cole told us as he started running to the streets.

I ran behind all five, wondering where they were going. Where could the snakes be inside the city? We stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and at a manhole. I raised an eyebrow "Where are we going exactly?" They all pointed to the manhole, which meant... Dear god "Don't tell me we need to go down there," I groaned. Why would they want to go down there in the first place, the snakes had to be living there. I really didn't feel like ending up smelling like crap, but we had to go down there. "You know what, screw it, let's go."