Chapter 8: Hot Waters, Cool Memories

Yoshika woke up to Shone, Sakamoto, and Lynette looking at her. She looked down to see her bed. "So... it was just a dream." She sighed. THAT theory was debunked by Lynette returning the favor from yesterday.

"I doubt that, these feel like real to me." Lynette smiled. She then stopped for a minute. "You want to test it out, Sakamoto?"

"Nah, I'll just take your word for it - you don't strike me as a liar." Lynette smiled at Sakamoto's trust.

"THEN I WILL!" Shouted someone from behind Yoshika, grabbing her ears. Yoshika then got a solid idea of what it would be like to use rocket magic, as she flew through the air, bumped her head on the ceiling, and landed in her catapulters arms. "Jumpy, huh?" Looking up, Yoshika saw vaguely familiar orange hair.

Shone smiled at Yoshika. "Don't worry, Yoshika, Charlotte wouldn't do anything bad to you."

"Nothing you don't ask for." Charlotte joked. She looked down to see the blushing Yoshika still had her animal ears. Charlotte, looking up, declared "SHE'S ADORABLE!" and proceeded to snuggle her. "Can I keep her?"

Lynette and Sakamoto both shared expressions and thoughts. She's mine...

"Sorry, Shirley, but I don't think these two are going to give Yoshika up."

"Aw..." Charlotte pouted. "Fine, Shone, you can keep her."

"Um... Charlotte?" Yoshika asked.

"Yes?"

"Why are you here?"

Charlotte resumed her large grin. "I just love checking in on others from time to time."

"And YOU'RE okay with that?" Yoshika turned her attention to Sakamoto, prompted Charlotte to hug Yoshika from behind.

"You should see Gertrud's reaction whenever I visit them..." That along with Charlotte's smiled warranted laughter.

"So, I guess Ill make some breakfast?"

"Actually, it's noon." Lynette added.

Oh crap

"Well, I'll make you four some lunch, my Squad already ate." Charlotte got up and walked to the kitchen, with the others following suit.

Charlotte made them potato salad for lunch. Shone and Charlotte had an odd smile shared between the two of them when she finished, with the five digging in. Sakamoto was the first done, of course. Then Shone and Charlotte, then Lynette. Yoshika was taking her time. "Do you not like it?"

"No, Charlotte, It's great! May be the best I've ever had..." Out of the three I've eaten "I... Honestly don't want to train today..."

Sakamoto let out a hearty laugh. "You know what, you're right."

'bout what? The whole room thought to themselves.

"You and Lynette can have the day off. I think you've earned it."

Charlotte stood up. "I recommend they spend some time in the golden room!"

"Golden room? Yoshika and Lynette asked.

"Yeah, that's a special area for baths. It also serves as a relaxation group." Charlotte's energy was rather infectious. "Now, the gold room is for girls. The silver room is for men."

"Shone?"

"Yeah"

"Didn't you almost become a stain on Sakamoto's blade because you walked in on her taking a bath?"

"That was an accident and you know it!" Shone yelled in response. "She didn't even have her blade..." Shone murmured. Sakamoto, surprisingly, maintained a mellow smile through the ordeal. "Anyway, I think I'll go myself."