Chapter 3: On Aboard

Before the day was up, Yoshika was taken to the ship that had brought Sakamoto and Kyle to Fuso to begin with. The Aircraft carrier Akagi was to be the group's mode of transport from Fuso to wherever it is that Sakamoto was taking Yoshika to see her father. "So, that ship is what brought you here?"

"Yeah, an amazing ship. It can go four times fast than any other ship you could find of it's type."

"At full speed." Kyle added. "So, Yoshika, you ready?"

Gulping, as if to keep her confidence within herself, "Yes. Let's get going."

"Okay. Kyle, go and make sure we have enough supplies this time."

Kyle saluted, "Yes ma'am!" And with that, he ran along the coastline to help with supplies.

Damn it, Kyle, am I ma'am or commander? Make up your mind! "So, Yoshika, you've said your goodbyes, right?"

"Yeah, I did."

"You're not lying, right?"

"What? Who would lie about that?"

"Well, there's some weird people in this world" Sakamoto sighed whilst shaking her head. "Well, I guess we better board the shi-"

"Miya-chan!!" The two witches both looked over to find Michiko running towards them. "I..." *huff* *huff* *huff* "I... I need to say something."

"I thought you told me you said your goodbyes?"

"No, I need to ask YOU something, Captain Sakamoto."

"Commander" Yoshika corrected.

"Yoshika, you can head onto the ship, I'll meet you up there." And so, Yoshika ran up to the giant ship. "So, what do you want?"

Michiko looked over to make sure Yoshika wasn't around to see them, before embracing Sakamoto while shedding tears. "PLEASE! PLEASE LOOK AFTER YOSHIKA!" Her voice already cracked, showing that she doesn't cry too often. "I DON'T WANT TO LOSE MY BEST FRIEND! PLEASE!"

"Don't worry," Sakamoto patted the girl on her head. She may not know her name, but she knows her struggle. "We Strike Witches, through good and bad, always look out for each other."

"Thank... Thank you!" She started to wipe her tears away.

"By the way, what's your name?"

"Michiko." She smiled back. "Just call me Michchan." Sakamoto smiled, and left to board the ship. Whilst Michiko stood there at the docks watching as the akagi left dock to wherever it was heading. She soon saw Yoshika on the side. "BYE, MIYA-CHAN!" waving once again.

Yoshika noticed. "BYE, MICHCHAN! I'LL BE BACK, I PROMISE!"

And with that, the two friends/cousins parted ways, hopefully to see each other once more in the coming future.

----------

About fifteen minutes later, the two were rejoined with Kyle. "Okay, Sakamoto, we have enough supplies to make it back to Striker Island, with a week's buffer."

"Rations, right?"

"Mostly. We have some fruit too. That gets eaten first."

"Striker Island?" Yoshika asked, not caring if she's changing the subject.

"Yeah, it's our current base of operations." Sakamoto, not wanting to go to off topic, turned her attention back to Kyle. "Say, where is Yoshika going to sleep?"

Sakamoto's face went long. "....'

"What?"

"Damn it...I hadn't thought of that!"