Chapter 1: Yoshika Miyafuji

A girl with brown hair and matching brown eyes walks down a hallway to turn in her report. "I think they'll be happy to read this." She said, going over every page. "Okay, okay, titles are right. Text is professional. Everything is in proper order. Everyone on my team turned in their proportion. Seems to be just fine. With any luck, she'll be fine with me being late." The brown-haired girl walked to the tall young women at the end of the hall. sitting behind a desk.

"Hello." The red-haired, red-eyed woman in front of her.

"Commanding Officer Minna-Dietlinde Wilcke!" The brown haired girl said, saluting to attention.

"Always have to be proper, don't you? I've told you countless times call me Minna." Minna said to the girl. "So, I assume you're here to turn in your latest report?" Minna said.

"Yes, Officer Minna." She turned in the paper to Minna. "I'm terribly sorry for being late. I know it's unacceptable but I-"

"Gertrud, calm down. You're fifteen minutes late. That can be contributed to mere bad luck. You could of very well have tripped and had to re-organize your papers."

"But, I didn't." Gertrud said.

"Yeah." Retorted a smiling Minna. "But who really needs to know that?" She then stood up, took Gertrud's paper, and placed it into the proper tray for later.

"Hey, I've been meaning to ask Sakamoto something, but I can't find her anywhere. Where is she?"

"Didn't you hear, she was on the ship leaving for Fuso the other day. Should be arriving there in a few more days, now that I think of it."

Gertrud had a look of shock and some level of confusion. "She was on that? Who else?"

"She went alone, witch-wise that is. She's in Fuso looking for a particular witch."

"Great..." Gertrud said, turning around and leaving the room, saying "another rookie. You would think Sakamoto would make Lynette a strong witch before recruiting another."

Upon shutting the door, Minna merely sighed to herself, remembering it's just Gertruds "hard truth" mentality. "Well, she's still more fitting to lead than Laura." She then sat back down, opened a newspaper, and began reading.

A few days later

A girl with brown hair with matching brown eyes walks down a hallway, observing her end of semester report. Upon opening it up, the girls eyes merely came to acceptance of averageness that was to be expected from the report - she really shouldn't of expected much more. And thus the girl sighed once more and proceeded to wander outside of the school. With the school day and year being done, it's not like there's any reason to stick around.

"Hey, Miya!" Our brown haired girl, Yoshika Miyafuji, turned her head to see her friendly cousin, Michiko Yamakawa. "How did you do this semester?"

"Micchan, hello." Miya said, waving to the blue-haired school girl. "Well, average as usual. Just general Marks, a few Above Average Marks, and one Below Average one."

"Ah, well, I didn't do much better." The two reports changed hands as the two girls compared their marks on their way home. "Hey, Miya, is it okay if I come over for a bit? My family's working over time, and I don't want to-"

"Sure, Micchan. I don't mind!"

As if on cue, a neighboring farmer, likely in his late fifties, came up on his horse-powered wagon. "Well, if it isn't Miya and Mich. Schools out for the year, right?"

"That's right, Miyamoto." Miya then realized something. "Huh... Can we get a lift back home?"

"Huh? Oh, sure, hop on." The two girls hopped onto the wagon, with it lacking any produce. "Say now, I'm 'a bit curious - how do you normally get home?"