Second Attempt

The shrine was starting to break. I quickly hopped through and was taken back to Gods Window. Chelsea was there smiling with a pen in her hand. She was writing a report on the events.
I grabbed the lamp on the table and broke the bulb on her head. She fell to the ground dazed and confused. I left the room slamming the door behind me.
This place was a goddamned hellhole that deserved to be destroyed. I cannot believe that they cause the nightmares that children have and make the children cause it. It's fucking barbaric.
"You cannot leave Mr. McReary or you will die." Chelsea said.
I turned to her, "Fuck you alright! How the fuck can you do this?"
She walked up to me slowly. Like a model going down the runway, a smirk on her face ready to prove me wrong in some way.
"All you need is a little push. Kinda like when you killed those cops." She said.
I shook my head in disbelief, "I didn't that because I knew it wasn't real. I never did it because I felt the want to."
She beckoned me to follow her. I was entranced by her beckoning and it was hypnotic. Before I knew it, I was following her into the room sitting in a chair with her legs over my lap.
I knocked myself out of the hypnosis, "What the hell? How did I end up back here? Why are you not wearing any shoes or socks?"
"Listen and shut up okay? I put you here to continue the business we came here for. I'm not wearing socks because I feel more comfortable this way." Chelsea responded.
The room went from its original color to a pitch black. I was smothered by darkness and blinded by death. The feeling of her legs were gone and I was now floating in a space. The space was no more than endless.
I felt the world disappear. I forgot everything I knew and life was a mystery all over again.

I awoke in a cage made of wooden bars. It was a cage of hell. I couldn't breathe or move that well. It was faint and restraining.
I could hear people moving from a distance and I believed them to be tribesman and tribes women. A gun was in the cage along with a dead man and a ghastly wound in his head. Practically a chunk of his head, bitten like an apple. His brains, scattered on the ground with dry blood.
I began to hear shouts and intelligible sentences. My hearing was that of a mortar bursting nearby.
"The victim is awake!" A man of Spanish descent said.
The crowd cheered and quickly surrounded the cage. I hid the gun underneath my shirt, holstering it in my pants.
The cage was slowly lifted into the air. They hovered it over a fire pit, nearly peeling my skin.
"You barbaric fucks!" I yelled into the crowd, breaking their excitement.
Their cheers turned into shouts of anger and resentment. I threw the body out of the cage taking a turn for the worse. I practically helped them in a way by decreasing the weight on the cage.
I pulled out the gun and shot out the wall on the right. I grabbed a sharp wooden bar and jumped down. I pierced a woman with the stick, shattering their minds. Everyone was broken.
There was complete silence.
I felt the world drop in weight and die in faith. I just realized that I killed a prophet.
"Get him!" The man who put me in the box ordered.
Everyone walked towards me, not moving fast at all. They were staring and moving making me feel like I was going to die. Honestly it wasn't working.
Behind me I heard the leaves rustle. Chelsea popped out of the bushes and cocked her combat MG. She pulled the trigger mowing down the village. The blood spilt and splattered across body and the dirt floor. Limbs flew off and brains exploded. The lively village was no more than a whisper now.
"Where the fuck were you?" I asked.
"I'm sorry, you bashed a lamp over my head. I was having my fun watching you handle the situation. Honestly...you passed." She explained.
I looked at her baffled by what she just told me. I couldn't believe that she was just watching me almost get killed.
"C'mon take your gun. We have to find another shrine, and open the rift." Chelsea said.
I was confused, "Rift? What is that, another portal?"
She nodded, "Yes, but this time it will take us longer to complete the Nightmare."
So this is beginning to make sense now.
She turned from me and moved down the dirt path with the gun in her hands and a smile on her face.