Trust

Chelsea's face went blank. She thought I was stupid.
"Did you not listen to me earlier? We share one life." She scolded me.
I paced, "But I deserve death right? So that means we both do."
Contradictions, it's fun to prove someone wrong.
"Okay smart-ass we can this game later but we have to go." She said.

Later that day.

We entered an inn on the corner of a rock and a hard building. Literally, there was a rock next to a place called 'Hard Building'. I can't stress how real that is.
"Listen to me and listen well. You and I are going to have to trust each other if we want to get through this. All you have been doing is sitting there and running away." Chelsea said.
I sat down on the curb and stared into the stream of water flowing next to it. There was a rainbow that pointed in a direction. Sadly I couldn't tell whether it were North, South, East or West. Seemed logical that it would be North.
Time passed as we were standing and waiting. We had no clue where to go, or even how to get there.
"I know that we need to head where the wind is being pushed." Chelsea informed.
I threw a rock, "Well if you told me, then maybe I would have done something! The rainbow in the stream points that way."
I pointed North.
She scanned the direction. I didn't know what she was looking at. The sky began to turn dark blue. It was getting dark, but the best part was the nighttime here. The city lit up like Christmas Eve. It was a beautiful sight.
"Let's go. I can almost see the portal." Chelsea said.
Portal? What is this, some fantasy dream? There aren't such things as a portal. Then again we just went through one a couple hours ago.
"Lead the way." I said.
She folded her arms, "I thought you would have a better understanding of this place."
"I was here in a dream a long time ago. So obviously I can't remember it well."
She scoffed and looked in the distance. "I think I can manage. Let's make our way over there."
I stood up and walked over to the parking lot. The cars were similar to that of the 1940's vehicles. So retro-futuristic vehicles in a more industrial era, seems weird.
"What do you plan on doing?" Chelsea asked.
I broke the window and unlocked the car. I sat in the drivers seat and let Chelsea sit in the passenger. I looked around for a keyhole or a couple of wires. She pushed a blue button that vibrated the car. For a moment it sputtered, then started.
"So North it is." I said.
She laughed, "We're gonna get in trouble."
"What are you, 14?"
She chuckled for a moment before being stopped. "Is that a gun?"
I looked in the back seat. "Yes that is. Why are you so afraid? I thought you used guns."
"No. I use knives and close quarters combat" She replied.
I picked up the gun and took a deep look into it. There was a couple of buttons that probably changed the shape of it. I didn't mind using it as long as I don't kill anyone.
I placed it under the drivers chair and continued on.

As I was driving into the night, I felt peace. Today was a long day although it being pretty short. The night had an aurora borealis which in my opinion is always saddening. Just the beauty brings the thought of my mothers death.
"You okay?" Chelsea asked.
I nodded. I didn't feel like speaking.
"Let me tell you about all that is happening...this place is not real. It is a fictional place built inside your mind. We are here to recover the memory and go back to the giant window. The beauty comes from the strong power that binds you to this place. It was the first place to give you peace since your mother died...and you love it." Chelsea explained.
Although I already knew what was going on, it was nice to get a refresher that I'm not going to die. I think I can begin to trust this woman.
"My mother always told me that a place of peace was where I would go. It was nice to hear it, but I never thought I would actually be here and live in it...even if for a brief moment." I replied. "I loved my mom, she was my best friend. As sad as that sounds it's really a good thing. Most people are socially awkward with their parents, but I was like the bestest friend to her as she was to me."
Chelsea smiled.