Shadows

I was pushed into an alleyway. I tripped backwards over some loosened pipes.
"What the fuck is wrong with you? I didn't say we shouldn't roam the damn streets! We aren't here for your Funtime and this sure as hell isn't your dream!" Chelsea yelled.
I know this is what I created. It's so clear and I remember it. How else would I know this place? It's okay because we are going out separate ways anyway. I don't care if I die as long as I'm happy.
"I never signed up for being a goddamned test monkey! If you want to do your business then fucking do it! I'm going my separate ways and you can't stop me." I replied.
I stood up and pressed against the pipes making a particle wall of heat between us. I turned from her and walked away.
"Forget her. I never wanted to be taken here anyway. Only that damn deal was the reason I was taken here. Fuck your offer." I said to myself.
Chelsea watched as I walked away and didn't move.
She must be in that alleyway still, waiting for the steam to stop. I got to move.
My walk became a jog and that became a sprint. I didn't know the exact directions but there was a train station near the black market. It was blackened by the constant coal being delivered and you could hardly miss it.
"There, that is where I am free." I thought as I approached the station.
I heard heavy pattering behind me. I turned around and Chelsea leg swept me to the ground. I rolled back and got back to my feet.
"So you want to do this the hard way?" She asked.
I swung with a hook. She ducked and grabbed my torso attempting to tackle me. I grabbed her pelvis and flung her off. She hopped quickly back to her feet and sucker punched me.
I smirked, "Why am I here to be the tag-along?"
She threw herself at me breaking my concentration. I fell back onto crates. They fell and toppled on top of me.
"If you don't want to be killed, then find me on the bell tower." Chelsea walked away leaving me inside the crate fortress.
I moved quickly onto the moving train. I hid within the crowds and kept low. She was following me and I could feel her. It was like a sixth sense. She wanted me to head to the tower to continue, but she knew I wouldn't listen.
"Excuse me sir, where will this lead?" I asked a man.
He took another puff of his cigarette and said, "To the main city. If you keep riding then it will take you to the outskirts."
"Thanks."
This was going to be a long ride, there is a way to figure out how to get back home. To the world I lived in for 22 years. I know that this may be a dream, but this is pretty realistic, but what if it's real? Fuck!
I moved within the crowds to the front of the train. I climbed the steel ladder to the top of the second car. The sky illuminated dark blue and the stars blinked white. It was better than earth.
"You ready to go now?" Chelsea asked.
I sighed in frustration. "What is it with you? Why can't I just be free?"
She inched closer to me. Her sandal straps rattled from the continuous movement. She spoke softly, "You were always free."
I dropped onto my back. I began to chuckle. My chuckle developed into a laugh. I then laughed maniacally.
"You are bullshitting me right? I was always watched! Why do you think I was in that damned house in the middle of the forest? Are you fucking stupid? You mean nothing to me right now and I could kill you without mercy!" I attempted to stop laughing.
"There he is." Chelsea thought.
I stood up from the dirtied car. I looked Chelsea in her eyes. "Nothing to say huh? Yeah. Hired gunmen shouldn't be talking much, they deserve to have their lips stitched together."
She grabbed my shirt aggressively and tugged me towards her. She stared into my soul. "You have nothing to threaten me with! You are trash that deserves death."
I smiled.
"Then why am I here?" I asked.