37.

⇨Quinn "Monster" Jones⇦

I jog down the steps, Xavier holding onto my shirt. I open the door revealing Mya, Keem and Hayden. We having a get together at the house today, since everybody was busy on the fourth of July. My dad bringing around his lil girlfriend or whatever. I know my mom wouldn't want me acting how I am, but I jus, only really knew my dad to be with her. No other women other than my mom. And that never really happened. "Wassup?" I ask. Mya smiles at me, and walks off, probably to find Kayla. I hear yelling, I walk to the den. Jeremiah and Jaden, my mom tore Jaden's ass up. Beat the devil out of him, literally. But I kinda didn't wanna beat on my kids, I let shit slide, that my parents, grandparents and Kay don't let slide. Jeremiah pushes Jaden down, "Stop it." I grab Jeremiah and Jaden. "Come on. I'ma handle this one." I gave Xavier to my dad and took the boys upstairs.

*

I stood at the grill, Bubba next to me, he was holding Kenzie. "So what's up bro? You never call me or nun." Bubba says, "Sorry. I don't really leave the house, me or Kayla. I go to work and that's about it." I tell him, "You staying good up there?" He ask referring to my mental illnesses. I smile, "Yeah, I been pill free for a while." He smiles too, "Im glad bro."

When the food was all done, Kayla pulled me to the side. "She got one more time Quinn." She was red, "What's wrong mama?" I ask holding her waist. "Your dads girlfriend. The bitch got ONE more time and she gone get her ass beat. Older or not." I smile, "Calm down. What she do?" I ask. "Bitch had the NERVE and AUDACITY to ask was Xavier, Jaden and Jeremiah your kids? Like BITCH, I will slit yo fucking neck. I only fuck wit one nigga and that's my nigga. She got me fucked up." She crosses her arms. I laugh a little, "You know they mines right? So do it matter?" Her face softens, "I guess not. It's just still the fact that she tried to call me a hoe." I kiss her lips, "Don't worry. Come on." I put her ahead of me, walking back outside, I smack her ass. "And stop mugging." I kiss her ear and walk away to Mya and Keem.

"Y'all, I got something I wanna do." I say getting everyones attention. "Kayla, come here." I tell her, she walks to me and smiles. "So, y'all know Kayla been here for me through thick and thin." She looks up at me, "So," I turn to her and get on one knee. "Kayla, Baby I love you so much. You're everything I want and need. Mother of all three of my bad ass boys, and somebody I wanna be with forever." I pull out a ring, not just any ring, one my mom picked out not long before she passed. "Will you marry me babe?" She was shedding tears, she nods and I slide the ring on her finger. Getting applause from the fam. She hugs me tight and kisses me. "I love you so much." She grins, I smile back and kiss her again.

*

"That was nice baby bro." Mya says grinning. "Yeah, dope ring." My dad smiles, "Mom picked it out before she passed." He looks down at his feet, "I miss her man. She would've loved to see this." My dads eyes watered. "Look, I'm sorry for the way I treated y'all. I was trying to be more of a friend than a parent. Bubba," He hugs him, "I did you the worst. I'm so sorry for it. Ya mom woulda killed me, I love y'all." We hugged and everyone left after, Kayla and I cleaned, then put the kids down. "AH! Baby." She kisses me and hugs me, "You really love me?" I smirk, "Words can't explain this love right here." I say pointing between us. She grins and hugs my body, turning on the tv.

♛La'Mya "Princess" Jones♛

I laid Hayden in his bed and went to my room, Keem was on the phone red. "So you mean to tell me, I been paying on a kid for three years that ain't even mines?" I laugh and walk away, Hayden four, so✌

I took a long shower and looked down my stomach. I let out a breath and climb out, wrapping a towel around me. I wiped the fog from the huge mirror in front of me. I stared, I look like Ro. I don't really look like my daddy anymore, just my eyes and lips. Everything else screams Rhonda. I roll my eyes, I'm beautiful, but Ro, she was one ugly ass bitch. Can't stand her ass. I brush my teeth and put on a big shirt, hiding my stomach from Hakeem. I went and laid in bed, he's out working the streets now, so Im alone other than Hayden. I watched 50 Shades of Grey and did a paper for school. I'm in college for my second degree. "Oooh they nasty." I giggle watching the screen. I hear the front door close, Hakeem comes into the room maybe five minutes later eatting a mango. "Wassup lil mama? What you doing?" He strips from his all black to basketball shorts and that's it. "Writing a paper." I tell him. "On wha?" He ask, I was more focused on the mango, "Can I have some?" I ask. "Yeah. So uh, when you plan on telling me?" He smiles, "Tell you what?" I was eating the pieces he gave me. "Come here." I jus look at him, hit save, close my laptop and climb onto his body. He lifts my shirt, "This." He says poking my stomach. "Ugh I didn't want to." I tell him, "Girl." He straight faces me. "I don't know." I giggle. "You crazy, and put some panties on gosh." He says laughing. "No, she want some air." He laughs harder and nods, "Okay crazy." I smile.

*

I woke up and Hakeem was laying down on Instagram. I get up and cook breakfast, then go to wake Hayden. "Hay, Hay, wake up." I rub his back. "Hmmm." He whines. "Come on let's eat, then daddy going to take you and your cousins to the water park." He sits up and gets out of bed. I made his plate, he ate and went to the bathroom, I washed his face and brushed his teeth. I let him dress himself while I handled Keem. "You got everything?" I ask. He nods, "Your not coming?" He ask I shake my head, "Not feeling up to par. But, hang with your family? Nah, they hate me." He smiles, "Nah, they like you." I mug him, "Get out." He kisses ny head and gets Hayden leaving. I shut the door behind him and go to clean up.

*

I laid on the couch, watching tv when Hakeem called. "We on the way to the hospital." I sigh, "Why?" I ask. "Hayden had an allergic reaction to something on these weird fries." I sit up, "He breathing and stuff?" I ask. "Yeah, come on though." I hang up, grab my jacket, my flip flops and left. I got into Keem's Jeep and sped to the hospital. Always fucking something.

♙Christopher 'Bubba' Jones♙

"Mooooovvveeeee." I say mushing Kari, we were play fighting. "Don't mush my head daddy!" She started throwing punches, I laugh and grab her arms, "Kari you not gone win." She smiles, "I know." Kenzie eventually was yelling from her playpen. "Daddy when we gone see mommy again?" I sigh, "I don't think you will Kari." She makes a face, "But why?" I shake my head, "I don't know how to explain baby. I'm sorry." She nods and crawls to the bottom of the bed, she climbs out and goes to her room. I sigh and lay Kenzie on the bed. "What I'ma do?" I ask outloud, just to get a loud reply from Kenzie "Girl!" I say covering her mouth, she kept making noise. I grab her pacifier and put it in her mouth. Girl got a loud ass mouth.

*

"Dad!" I walk in the house. And here come this hoe. "Ya dad ain't here, and I would appreciate if you stop walking into my house." I look at her crazy, "First off bitch, this my dads house! Second, I lived here before he even knew you exsisted bitch, you better be glad my momma not alive, or I would call her to whoop yo ass. Matter of fact." I pull out my phone. "Gma Lani." I say. "Wassup Bubs?" I smile, "Come handle this old bitch for me?" I could see her smiling, "Dads house?" She ask. "Mhm." She was there in about thirty minutes, "You was talking crazy to my grandson?" Lani ask. "Who are you?" She grins, "Quinn's mom, you're outta here. Let me call my son." My dad got here, and look at Lani. "What's going on mom?" He ask. "Get ya bitch talking to Bubba like she crazy, Kayla been telling me her mouth off the wall towards ya kids." My dad looks her way, "This true? You don't respect my kids?" She sighs, "Hell nah, little rat asses." My dad grins, "Pack ya shit man." When she was gone, I went to my dad. "Ain't nobody gone fill ya mom spot. Nobody out here like my baby man." He says looking down.

"Love you dad. I'll call you Friday. Quinn, and I going out, we're gonna pick you up cool?" He just nods, "Bye Bubba." You could tell he was sad, I feel so bad for my dad. I couldn't imagine loosing somebody I been wit non stop since 16, almost 30 years, not me. I would be just as depressed. We gone get him together, me and Quinn.