•chapter 15•

Chapter 15

That night, there was another bonfire. Except this time it was different from all the others. No one saw Pan after our talk and usually he would check in if everything was alright, but there had been no sign of him all day long.

No one dared to talk to me today which was not really different from all the other times, but yet this time, things were worse. They all sat on the other side, avoiding me at all cost. They hated me. No perhaps distrusted is an even better word for it. They weren't really keen on me before they'd figured out that I was a girl. But now I'd lied to them, which made things even worse. I'd betrayed their trust and some of the friendships I made here. Louis for example, not even granted me a glance since he knew and all he did was look away as I passed or looked at him. I thought he was my friend.

I let out a soft sigh from tiredness and blinked my eyes a few times to keep myself awake. I knew it was nearing midnight, but I didn't felt ready to go to bed just yet. I stared at the flames in front of me and thought about that deal I made with Pan early in the afternoon. It wasn't that hard right? who am I kidding. I'll never remember who I was and where my roots are. I'll never get to know my family so that deal was actually a lost cost to a girl with still a little hope in her left. But also that hope is fading more increasingly. I'm still wondering myself why the hell I'd made that deal, because I would end up staying here anyway. My memory is gone and it'll probably never come back.

I sat on the ground with my arms hugging my legs. I pulled out some grass from the ground and twirled it with my fingertips. Smoke from the fire puffed into my face, nearly making me cough. I felt a someone sit down next to me, instantly making me look up. It was Kai.

"Here," he said, his voice raspy with tiredness. I looked at the filled glass he held in front of my face and gave him a skeptical look.

"It seems you could use it a hell of a lot better than me."

It took a moment before I accepted his drink. I thanked him with a feeble smile and took a sip from the glass. Once the taste spread on my tongue, I immediately regretted tasting it. I nearly choked on the venomous taste and it tasted hideous. I swallowed it before I could spit it out and shuddered after. The awful after taste lingered in the back of my throat. "God what is this?" I shuddered, eyeing the glass full of loathing.

"Honestly, I don't know." Kai chuckled a genuine laugh. "It's not that bad after you've had a couple."

"How could you get used to this?! It tastes horrible quite honestly. I don't think I'll ever get used to it." I chuckled. I shook my head in abomination at the glass and handed Kai his glass back. He softly chuckled and took a sip himself, not really being bothered by the repulsive taste. This was probably the nicest moment yet ever they found out I was a girl. Kai was a nice guy and quite honestly, besides Pan, he was the only one being true to me. He said things even when I didn't wanted to hear it. He flat out told me I was weak and even though how harsh that might've sounded, I appreciated his honesty. Doesn't really mean it's true.

I glance at the others in front of me and I knew Kai was too. They averted their gaze from us and kept on whispering about who knows what.

"Ignore them, they're just afraid." Kai said, taking a sip from his glass. "They'll get used to it eventually."

"They don't have too. I'll be gone before they even know it." I grumbled. I looked away, ignoring the confused glance from Kai. "You can't leave this place without Pan's permission. You know that right?" he asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"I know. I've made a deal with the devil himself. He told me he would bring me back home and that I could leave if I hold up the end of my deal." I said. I watched Kai's expression change from serious to amusement. He let out a loud snort and smirked. "Are you that stupid Arya? He wouldn't've made a deal with you if he didn't knew for sure you were going to fail. It's Pan we're talking about, love." He said, rolling his eyes.