"Let me see, uh, I'll pick you up at seven?"

"Oh you're picking me up?" I blush. I remind myself of my boyfriend and laugh a little.

"Yeah, gimme your phone."

It takes me a second to register that he wants my number. I root around in my bag and eventually find my phone. He gives me a look when he sees my high tech, flip phone masterpiece of brilliant engineering.

"I swear they're coming back into style." I laugh as he hands me his far more superior touch phone.

I pin in my number and name as he does the same.

"You're surname is Darke?" He asks curiously.

"Yeah?" I stifle a laugh. His mouth turns up and his eyes crinkle as he smiles widely.

"That's such a wicked last name!"

I laugh at his comment and thank him, before bidding him goodbye and walking home to get ready for tonight.

As soon as I get in the door, I run to the shower and quickly wash.

I curl my hair and then brush it a little, trying to perfect that I didn't try but I swear I made an effort, kind of look.

I put on a striped navy and white top and put on my jeans, it's just drinks with Zayn.

I'm oddly excited about our date... is it a date? No, just an evening out. But so far I enjoy Zayns company. And I'd love to find out more about Harry through him...

I put a little mascara on while picking up my phone to text Zayn my address.

Hey Zayn! I'm apartment number 51 on Elm Avenue. See you later!-E

I leave my phone down and pour myself a glass of juice. He replies within seconds and I'm forced to postpone my juice drinking.

Hi Ellen! That's perfect, would you be ready if I stopped by a little earlier?x-Z

I text him back immediately saying I will. I grab my purse and put my phone in it. Zayn said he'd introduce me to his friends, I hope they like me.

Just I'm beginning to overthink this entire outing I hear a knocking at my door.

"It's Zayn!" He calls. I smile to myself and open the door, letting him in.

"Hey." He swiftly kisses my cheek in an obviously friendly manner.

"Hey." I feel a heat rise in my cheeks. "Come on in." I gesture for him to come inside.

"Wow Ellen, this is a really nice place!" He takes in his surrounding and isn't shy to walk about and touch things.

"Thanks! So, where are we going?"

"Oh just a pub we always go to, it had really good grub so you can eat there if you want? Or we could go get something now?"

"I'm not that hungry, I think I'll just eat there." he nods and sits down on my sofa. "So how come you're early?" I ask Zayn.

"Oh I was over talking to Harry about some new project he has planned." He smiles. Harry?

"Harry?" I voice my thoughts.

He looks puzzled but then seems to realise something. "Oh I assumed you knew Harry lives next door?" He says and my jaw hits the floor. What?

"No I didn't know that. I'm sure you're aware we don't exactly see eye to eye." I scoff and he chuckles, running his hand over his tightly shaven hair.

"Nah I get it Ellen, I just thought you'd know... but I suppose it is Harry we're dealing with here. He's a very private guy."

"You can say that again."

...

We pull up to an authentic looking pub with ivy growing on one side of it. I notice the sign above the door says O'Neills Irish Pub, so we're and and to Irish bar then.. There's not many cars parked outside it so I assume that getting a table won't be a problem.

Zayn opens the car door for me and I blush while thanking him. We walk into the dark pub.

The smell of fresh fish, herbs and meat is laced through the air. The floor is made of brown tiles that my feet stick to when I walk, I give Zayn a look and he laughs "the food is great I promise, c'mon!"

He walks me towards a group of people my age all sitting at age table, taking and laughing. I get a little nervous but smile when one catches my eye.

"Zayn!" A guy with blonde hair calls.

"... and company?" A girl with amazing long, shiny brown hair raises a perfectly plucked brow. She's very pretty, typically pretty. Long lashes, big blue eyes and pouting pink lips.

I feel slightly intimidated by her, what with my short blonde hair and plain old brown eyes. Nothing special...

"Everyone, this is Ellen Darke. She works with me at the gallery." Zayn politely introduces me to all his friends, there's three of them. The very pretty girl, a blonde boy and and brown haired boy with and cute smile.

"Yep, and I'm her boss." A voice comes from behind me. It doesn't take me long to figure out who it is as he pushes past us and she takes a seat beside the girl, slugging obnoxiously out of a beer can.

Great.

Hello lovelies! Sorry I haven't updated recently, I've been quite busy. But I'm committed to this story so I promise to update at least once a week, sound good? <3 If you have any questions leave them in the comments, all the love.
-C.X