Chapter 15 battle with Ryan and teaming with Kaze

I made my way to the arena, after recovering from the beating master Trian had given me when he was at full power.
Before contacting Ryan, I made myself familiar with the rules and things of the arena. I learned that there are different types of matches as well as rules. The list of matches read as

any type of weapons or magic can be used. Injuries and health will be replenished after the matches unless the match type explicitly says differently.

Ranked match- a match that is used to gain in rank. Higher ranked fighters fight against each other and the higher ranked are more like to be considered for a match with the champion. The match automatically stops when one competitor reaches 1% health 

Normal match- a match with no ranking, anyone can fight against anyone and automatically ends when one competitor reaches 1% health

Death match- matches to the death, the winner gets all possessions of the loser, not ranked.

Surrender match- a match where both players get infinite health, however every hit causes extreme pain and injuries. Armor is basically useless as it gives no protection from the pain. Once a competitor gets to where their health would have been out, the hits cause amplified pain and continues until one competitor surrenders to the other. Can be ranked.

Timed matches- matches are timed, and if not settled before time runs out the competitor with the highest health win, if both have same health then it will be a draw.

Team matches have the same rules as the single person matches, only more people on teams, when a competitor reaches 1%health he is eliminated and the team mate or mates will continue the match.

Tournament rules- a tournament will consist of matches of a predetermined type, usually for some kind of reward. Unlike other matches, competitors may not be healed after matches as it may carry over to the next matches depending on tournament rules and match types.

'I think I'll just challenge Ryan to a normal match'

I opened the challenge tab at the arena and selected Ryan, then selected normal match. The tab just read as sending
Shortly after suddenly it changed to
Accepted! Please go to the arena to start your match!

Slowly I walked to the arena battle area to see Ryan standing across from me. He wore golden armor and held a green spear and a large axe with a sword on his back. Unlike before he had a mask. His armor seemed different and looked thinner. He was much taller than he seemed in the shop.
"Your armor is different"

He nodded and said "the other was for looks, this is much more battle ready"

Battle start!

"I see, ready to start?"

"Always ready" he said as he twirled his spear holding it to his side with the blade pointing down and the length behind his back. The axe he held the same way and charged, moving very fast for such a big guy with heavy equipment.

As he got closer he slashed at my head with the axe. Quickly I fell to my knees to avoid it and stabbed my claws at his stomach doing very minor damage.

I quickly rolled away and jumped back.
Ryan laughed "like my armor? It negates all elemental damage to a degree and does extreme protection from physical damage"

'It must have a weak spot' I though as I quickly activated blood eye.
There wasn't a single red glow on him, he had armor every where.

I growled unsure what to do.

Ryan charged again, as he got closer he slashed vertically with the axe, to which I dodged by side stepping, but Ryan quickly knocked my legs out from under me with the spear.