Chapter 21

When I woke up, warmth was wrapped around me as a waterfall played in the white noise of the background. I opened my odd colored eyes to see Blue Eyes gazing down at me through half lidded eyes, his hand was stroking up and down my spine. The dim blue-green glow cast a turquoise sheen to his face and dark fur. I breathed in deep and rolled so my shoulder blades were pressing into the loose soil under us, but my side was still pressed against him.

"What time is it?" I covered my mouth as I yawned.

"Need to go soon. We have to be back, by dawn." He murmured as his finger trailed up my shoulder to stroke my jawline.

I leaned into his touch. "How soon?"

"Depends."

"On what?"

"On why you want to know."

I smirked. "Are you implying what I think you're implying?"

He returned the smirk. "Maybe."

I leaned up and kissed him. Blue Eyes' hand moved up to hold my cheek as his other arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me close to him. He rolled on top of me and moved between my legs. Twenty minutes later, we were laying wrapped up in each other's embrace. We needed to leave the valley soon, the sun was on its way and it would be best if we were back in the village before most woke up for the day. But that was harder than it seemed.

"We have to go." I groaned, not wanting to get off the ground.

"You get up first." He whined back.

"No, you get up first."

Blue Eyes sucked in a deep breath and let out a whiny growl, his whole body deflating as he let out the air he had drawn in.

"Where are my clothes?" I asked, craning my head and shoulders to glance behind me, though I didn't leave his arms.

"Who cares? Don't need them." He muttered.

"Yeah, I do." I mumbled back, hiding my face under his chin.

"Nope. I don't mind this." He ran his hand from between my shoulder blades to down my back and down the back of my legs.

"I'm sure you don't." I answered, feeling a smile tug at my lips.

"Ditch the clothes." He mumbled, giving a light squeeze to the back of my neck, sending chills up into my hairline.

I shook my head slightly. "Only you get to see me like this." I whispered before giving his lips a peck. I finally pulled myself away from him and turned, looking through the dim plant-glow for my discarded clothes. I had a hard time finding the bra and panties due to their dark colors, but I managed well enough. After I pulled them on, I looked to the floor where I'd pushed my dress, and found it gone.

"Blue." I groaned with a smirk, making eye contact with his cerulean orbs.

"Yes?" He asked, acting innocent and clueless.

I sighed and put a hand on my hip. "Give it."

"Come get it." He sat up and held a hand behind his back.

I walked forward and straddled his waist, taking his face into my hands and leaning down to kiss him. His hands immediately went to my waist and I took that chance to reach behind him while he was distracted. My fingers probed the area behind him until they brushed against the familiar natural fabric. I couldn't grab it while my arms were hanging over his broad shoulders, so I pushed him down onto his back and snatched the dress to the side before he could land on it. I let myself focus on the kiss for a moment before pulling away and sitting up, smirking down at him as I held up the dress. Blue Eyes' face dropped in surprise and he propped himself up on his elbows, glancing behind him before looking back up at me, clearly surprised. Laughter bubbled from my lips as I got off him and pulled the dress over my head and adjusted it. Blue Eyes huffed half heartedly and stood up. He picked up the pack he had been carrying and slung it over his shoulder as he led me out of the cave.