Chapter 3 - The Admiral

Start from the beginning

Daichi barely lifted one eyebrow at what both his mate and Whitewater had said. "Did I ask for an apology? Till I ask a question please don't presume to know what I want to hear." That was a light verbal smack down. It didn't matter that Whitewater was in the right but he needed to learn who was in charge. "I have reviewed the footage of what happened. You and your controller are here simply because I wished to meet you. I have already sent my recommendations to the Admiral." He focused on the male for the moment. The female seemed content to let the male do the speaking.

For a brief moment he had to wonder why before he inhaled and then very briefly twitched his lips. She was in charge. Based on their individual scents she was also a fair amount older. For Were's that was usually a moot point since they lived for a very long time. He had a feeling she was letting him put his foot in his mouth as well as learn from it. "Cadet my major concern is that you are capable of both controlling your inner cat as well as being controlled by your mate. That is why you are in my office. As far as Cadet Williamson what ends up happening with him is completely up to the Admiral."

Holcum couldn't help but flush slightly at the verbal slap and his cat wasn't very pleased either. Both knew they had spoken out of turn but he was not going to apologize for what he had said and done. "Understood sir and I will keep my cat under control. I have discussed this with my Controller and she is waiting in case her authority is needed Sir." He didn't move from the spot he was at and wasn't even twitching a muscle. Even though he was waiting for anything else to be said he was still trying to identify the scent of the other.

Daichi remained seated in exactly the same position he had been in when they came in. He as well as Ayaka extended their senses and from what he could feel the cat was relatively calm at the moment. He could also tell the Controller was confident in her abilities also. He finally gave both a good nod. "I do not expect to see you in my office again. I expect you to keep your nose clean and your claws under control. Dismissed." He turned back to his computer.

Miller took charge and ordered them to follow her. She led them to the Admiral's office and reported to his assistant as well. It was the young officer who had been on stage the day before. "Reporting as ordered sir." She informed the officer.

He glanced at the three of them. "Have them stand at parade rest by the wall over there. Cadet Williamson and his escort will be here momentarily." Till the title Cadet was removed the young man would still be addressed that way. He hated to say it but this was going to be an interesting meeting and not in a good way. For the comments from the one young man alone he could go to jail, well the brig, for enough time to destroy his future. On top of that it would be within Cadet Whitewater's rights to demand the challenge be accepted.

As he was waiting for the other to arrive he sent the Admiral a message informing him the were-cat's were there. It was only a few moments later when Cadet Williamson arrived with two MP's. For the moment he was dressed in the cadet's uniform. He was definitely looking somewhat the worse for the wear. There was a nice bruise on one cheek and his neck had plenty of bruises as well as a claw mark or two.

As soon as Williamson walked in Holcum felt his cat start growling quietly. For the moment both were under control and Mila wasn't going to need to do anything. He was still rather upset about what had happened the evening before but he wasn't going to shame his mate. As he was waiting to be called into the Admiral's office Holcum was trying to working through some calming exercises.

It was maybe two minutes later when the Admiral's aide stood and opened the heavy wooden door. He stepped into the room and came to attention. "Order your troops Sgt."

Miller didn't bother glancing at any of the three cadets since if turned into a furball there wasn't anything she could do. "Atten-hut. Cadet and Cadet Controller Whitewater forward march." She called for Williamson to enter as well. The MP's stayed by his side proforma. Again if Whitewater lost it there wasn't much they could do. Once she had them in the room she had the two were-cats do a right face and form up to the right of the center of the desk. For Williamson she had him do a left face. "Senior Sergeant Instructor Miller reporting as ordered Admiral." She was standing between the two groups.