I nodded already feeling incredibly self conscious.

Nico started walking towards the dining pavilion and I followed him.

"So you and Leo?" Nico asked me raising an eyebrow.

I immediately shook my head.

"No it's not like that, we're just good friends that's all" I said and Nico shot me a suspicious glance.

"You sure? I see the way you act around him and then around others. You're different" he said.

I felt my chest tighten as I realized that Nico had just admitted he noticed me.

Why was I freaking out over this? It was so stupid, so silly, so childish, so..... so.... girly.

"I let my guard down because he seems like a good friend" I admitted.

"Nothing else" I stated.

Nico nodded.

"Be careful who you let your guard down around" he advised and I raised an eyebrow.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked him as we approached the dining pavilion.

"What I mean is that Bethany isn't exactly the type of person you want to let your guard down around" he said to me.

I furrowed my eyebrows. What did Bethany do to Nico.

"What did Bethany do to you?" I asked him.

He looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"I thought Elise already told you?" He said and I shook my head.

"She only told me what happened between Bethany and her"

He nodded.

"Well I was the boyfriend that Bethany had cheat on Elise" he said as if he knew the story Elise told people.

I looked at him a little shocked but then I put the pieces together and it did seem to make sense that Elise was dating Nico at the time.

"Oh" I said and Nico nodded.

"Don't judge me. Charm speak is powerful and I was angry and upset at Elise" He said misjudging my tone.

"I thought Bethany was someone I could let my walls down around, but the only thing she wanted down were my pants" he sneered as we walked up to the buffet.

I looked at him and for once I felt a little bit of anger towards Nico.

"I find it hard to take your guys' word for it when Bethany has shown me nothing but kindness" I said crossing my arms and Nico nodded grabbing two plates.

"I bet it is" he admitted grabbing a sub and putting it on one plate and grabbing some olives and putting them on the other.

I followed behind him in line grabbing a sub of my own and some chips.

"Maybe you guys are just blaming Bethany for your own problems" I said to him and he raised an eyebrow looking over at me.

"Excuse me?" He asked obviously taking offense to what I was saying.

I gulped. I didn't mean to come across that rudely, especially not to Nico.

"I just mean maybe she's your scapegoat and you're just having a lot of shit in your life right now so it's easy to blame it all on her" I said as we reached the end of the buffet grabbing our drinks before leaving the dining pavilion and heading back towards the infirmary.

Nico shook his head.

"I've learned the hard way not to blame people for things they aren't responsible for" he said.