Chapter 12 (Elise's Project)

Começar do início

Annabeth pursed her lips and I knew that this face meant she was looking for a different way to phrase what she was about to say.

"There was an event that happened and only a few of us know about it" Annabeth started. She was talking slower than normal, because of this I could tell she was choosing her words rather carefully.

"And in result to that event, Elise thought that maybe an extra wing could be added on to the infirmary as a result to that. The extra wing though isn't for more hospital rooms it's more a clinic or peer group of types" Annabeth explained.

As I processed the words I tried to piece together a story but quite honestly I couldn't.

"Peer group for what?" I asked but Annabeth didn't answer.

"Percy you might want to be careful up there" Annabeth called looking concerned.

"I'm fine babe, I know what I'm doing!" Percy called down.

If not timed perfectly Percy, trying to use an electric screw driver, managed to hit himself in the face and fall off of the semi constructed roof.

I expected everyone to gasp and dramatically bound to go help him up but instead everyone just glance over at him, shook there heads, and laughed mumbling "idiot" to themselves.

This caused me to smile myself.

Annabeth and I watched over the boys for a little bit making sure no one did anything stupid, and no one did because Percy had Annabeth around to stop him and Leo actually wanted to be serious. I hadn't even noticed how long we had been there until Elise called for our attention.

"Hey guys! Great job for this morning. How about we go for lunch and then gather back around here at around 12;30?" Elise asked checking her clipboard.

We all nodded in agreement and she smiled.

"Great see you then" she said rushing off somewhere.

"Hey Nico, can you grab me something to eat? I'm going to stay here and continue working through lunch" Leo said finishing up nailing some shingles onto the roof.

"Alright, what do you want?" Nico asked him as if this was a normal occurrence.

"What I normally have" He answered hoping off and started on the siding on the actual building.

"Okay I'll bring it back to you as soon as I can" Nico said checking his phone really quickly.

Leo looked over at him and flashed him a smile.

"Thanks man" He said before returning to his work.

I stared a little shocked at what had just happened in front of my eyes. Since when did Nico and Leo become such bro's? I mean I knew they obvious shared some things in common, like a history with Elise, but I didn't know they were tight buds.

"Um can I hang with you Leo?" I asked him feeling a little awkward leaving him to go sit and eat with a bunch of people I didn't know.

"Uh yeah, why don't you go with Nico and grab your food before coming back here" Leo said not turning away from his work.

I froze and felt my cheeks flare red. Damn hormones.

"Uh okay" I said feeling my throat close up.

Leo paused what he was doing momentarily before continuing.

I turned to find Nico still looking at his phone. He looked up at me and nodded.

"You ready?" he asked me.