Good Job You're No Longer A Lazy Bum

Start from the beginning

"You're such a child," I tell him "you complain about everything."

"Lydia," he looks at me "can I ask you a question?"

"No more question," I shake my head "you've harassed me enough this past week."

"What did you hear about me before I came to live with you?" he asks ignoring my last statement.

"I heard that you're a rude, bitter alcoholic who dates millions of girls, picks random fights, and does illegal car racing."

"I'm only rude when I'm in a bad mood and that's only to my parents," he explains "I'm not bitter or an alcoholic. I mean I haven't touched a beer since I got here. The only girlfriend I had was in sixth grade and it didn't work out. I cannot deny the fighting because I have a bad temper and the racing is just a rumor."

"You're point is?"

"You can't base your opinion about me because of what you've heard."

"I didn't," I say "I based my opinion about you the moment you yelled at me in the airport."

"I'm sorry," he apologizes "I was in a bad mood and I acted poorly."

"Apology accepted," I shrug "I did call you a huge dick."

"Yeah," he nods while shaking his head and laughing.

He has a nice laugh.

***
"I got the job," he tells me as we walk out of Chipotle.

"Good job," I exclaim "you're no longer a lazy bum."

"Thanks," he furrows his brows "I guess."

"You're welcome," I answer.

"Hey sweet cheeks," a guy yells and we both turn around to see a man with sunglasses and leather jacket leaning against a wall. I recognize the guy, his name is Tom, and he was a customer at San Cafe who always tried getting me to have sex with him.

"Come on," I roll my eyes while pulling Elliot with me. I can tell he's s considering walking towards the guy "its not worth it."

Elliot only glares at the guy before continuing to walk with me.

"Who is he?" Elliot asks an edge to his voice.

"A customer at San Cafe," I tell  him "and he's always rude, but don't worry my manager banned him from the place."

"Lydia," Tom calls  out again, and I feel Elliot go rigid next to me.

"Ignore," I pull him, but Tom runs and stands in front of me.

"Hey Lydia," he says "did you know you're on my list of things I will do tonight?"

"Get out of the way Tom," I'm  still attempting to pull Elliot with me, but he's determined to stay.

"Fine," he moves "but let me say you remind me of my pinky toe, your small, cute, and I'm probably going to bang you on my coffee table later tonight."

Before I have a chance to react Elliot punches Tom causing him to fall and immediately climbs on top of him continuing to throw punches.

"Elliot," I yell at him "you're causing a scene. Come on he's not worth it."

"Talk to her again," Elliot kicks Tom "and it will be much worse."

"Elliot," I pull him "let's go."

"Fine," he grabs my hand and pulls me with him "let's go."

"Wait," I stop walking, and he turns to look at me "thank you for defending me."

"You're welcome," he smiles.

A big genuine smile.

***

It's  midnight, and I'm standing in the alley where we always meet. A full month has gone by since we last talked and so much has happened.

"Shorty," his voice calls out, and I turn to look at him.

"Sam," I smile before running and wrapping my arms around him.

Hugging him is always a struggle considering he's six-two.

God I miss hugging him. Maybe because he's the only person I've hugged for three years.

Anyways let me tell you a little about Sammy. He's like my big brother and the only person who has been with me through thick and thin. Sam and me met at a bakery six years ago where I bought my birthday cake. I was rich then, and he was poor, but somehow we kept contact.

He has brown messy short hair and small round chocolate brown eyes. Sam's always been charming especially with his big pearly white teeth showing all the time.

"I missed you shorty," he lifts me up, and I wrap my legs around his waist.

"I missed you too Sammy," I say while putting my feet back on the ground.

"How are you?" he ask placing his arm around my shoulder.

"Bad," I pull away "my mom contacted me and she blackmailed me into allowing Elliot Stone to live with me for entire year."

"She called you?" he exclaims.

"Yes," I answer "and she said it was her re-exposing me or allowing Elliot to live with me."

"She gave you no choice," he says angry "how can your mother do that to you?"

"I don't know," I shake my head "but I have a feeling Alison is involved."

"I hate them," he say "but it's fine. All you have to remember is no feelings attached."

"I know," I nod "I can't afford feelings for Elliot."

Or Lisa. Or Noah. Or Jason. Or anyone...

A/N : Hi guys! So I'm finally updating again and I just want to apologize for the delay, but Wattpad has been acting up on me.

I'm so sorry if it appeared on your newsfeed that I was updating the same chapter multiple times. Wattpad insisted on un-publishing my last chapter and I had to re-publish it. Luckily I was able to fix that mistake and I hope it that it doesn't happen again.

Then Wattpad also deleted this chapter and I had to re-write it and re-edit it. I wanted to upload as quickly as possible, but I didn't want to upload anything that I thought was bad or not well written.

I also start school tomorrow which means I might take a bit more than a week to update, but don't worry I will have more than one chapter up every month.

I hope you guys liked the chapter and I'll see you soon.

Comment and Vote.

Love, Pam