Chapter 3 - Tuesday

When I woke up, I felt very bad.
My chest felt like it was burning and my body screamed of protest, when I got up and walked to the bathroom. My legs felt heavy and when I moved, my head was nearly going to burst.
"Nghh... F-Fuck"
I leaned against the wall, I almost fell on the floor but I managed it to get into the shower.

I had to go to the café. Maybe Eren would come there, so I had to ignore my screaming body.

After the shower and a little breakfast I felt better and I went outside, to get to my car.
It was march so I shivered when the cold breeze filled my lungs and touched my skin.
I stood in front of my car, closing my eyes while inhaling the freezing air and sighed.

A few days until Erens birthday...

I opened the door to my car and sat down.

Would he ever come to the cafe?

I didn't want to give up.
I wanted to see him.
So badly.

When my car stopped in front of the café I jumped out and ran to the door, pushing it open.
"Good morning." I said and took my jacket off and put it in the wardrobe.
"Good morning Mr. Ackermann."

The café opened 15 minutes later and we prepared the cake, the bread and the crossiants, because the first customers came here to eat breakfast.

"Are you alright? You look kinda bad... Are you sick?" A women who worked here asked.
"No... Everything is alright." I lied and continued, filling coffee into a cup.
"But..."
"I said 'Everything is alright.'!!!" I hissed and gave the coffe to the customer and took the money.
"If you need help, you can talk to me or to Mr. Jenkins." She smiled and took a crossiant and gave it to a little girl, that was probably on her way to school.
"Tch..." I said and took the order of the next customer.

Mr. Jenkins was my chef. An old, grey man who was taller than me and looked like a stick. He was very friendly and sat most of the day in the little office, which smelled like a library, because there were tons of paper.

Everytime the café door opened I stared at the person who entered the room but there came no tall brown haired boy with eyes, shining like an emerald.

I sighed, when Mr. Jenkins gave the command to clean everything up so we could leave.

Okay... It was the first day... Maybe Eren will come tomorrow.

I took my jacket and went to my car.
The evening would be very boring, like every evening of mine.
I didn't know what to do alone and I missed Eren by my side.
I needed him so much...