“Will you be able to find your way back to the house after you leave here?”

“I will. Thank you.”

“Ok. Then I'll catch up with you all later.”

He jumped back on his motorcycle and left. James turned to me. “Are you ready?”

“As ready as I'm going to be..” I stammered.

He smiled and got out. He came over to my side and opened my door. I got out and grabbed his hand. “It'll be fine.” He smiled down at me. I nodded and followed him to the door. He knocked lightly and an older lady answered the door. She smiled and motioned us in.

We followed her to the living room, where there was two people sitting. Looking at them, I knew Selene was right. These were definitely my parents. I could see the family resemblance between the three of us, though I wasn't sure that they did.

“Hello Alpha James. I am Samuel, former Alpha of this pack.” The man spoke. He was a lively man. He stood a little shorter than James at 6'0”. He had salt and pepper hair and green eyes that were a mirror of my own. He smiled and looked at me, exposing dimples in his beard covered cheeks. “And, you must be Lillian.” He shook my hand. “We've been expecting both of you.

The woman stood by his side. “I am Amira.” She smiled. “I hear you all have big news for us.”

I was going to answer her, but I was too wrapped up in her beauty. She looked to be in her mid forties. She had long red hair tat hung in spiral curls. It was identical to my own, except some gray lightly streaked it. She had sky blue eyes, and the same small and slender build as me. Before I even realized what I was doing, I wrapped her in a hug. She had a lovely scent of roses and chocolate. I was mesmerized by her. She hugged me back, then motioned for us to take a seat.

Amira and Samuel sat on the couch, and James and I took seats on the love seat that sat in front of them.

“What is it you needed to speak to us about, Alpha James?” Amira asked. Her voice was as sweet as honey.

“Actually, I called on behalf of Lilly. She's the one who needs to speak to you.” He said, while giving my hand a reassuring squeeze.

“Forgive me if this seems rude, as I mean no disrespect, but how old are you both?” I timidly asked.

She laughed slightly and gave me her breathtaking smile. “Well, as you know, we werewolves age slower than humans. I am 104, and Samuel is 107.”

My jaw dropped in response. I should've expected as much, but it was still shocking. “When did you stop aging like normal?” I couldn't help but ask.

“Well, our physical appearance drastically slowed when we hit thirty. Since then, we've only physically aged about 1 year every 10, but surely this isn't what you came here to talk about?”

“No, its not.. I'm sorry.” I smiled. “What I was mainly curious about is, how many litter of pups did you have?”

Her smile quickly dissolved, and a frown replaced it. “We had 2 litters, and a total of five pups.”

“I'm sorry. I know this must be difficult for you, but can you tell me about your pups?”

“What's this all about? How are you going to come to my home, ask questions about our children, and upset my wife?” Samuel growled.

“I'm sorry sir. I had no intention of upsetting your wife. I need to know about the litters though. After that, I promise I will tell you everything..” I stuttered.

“Its fine Samuel. Leave the girl be.” Amira said and grabbed Samuel's hand while giving him a small smile.

“My first litter, I had Gabriel and a female pup. My second litter, I produced two more males, and another female.” She smiled at the memory.

“What happened to the females?” I asked weakly.

“My first girl, I'm still not sure honestly. Samuel had to go to a meeting for all the Alphas. I was starving, so I had went to hunt while my pups were napping. When I returned, Gabriel was sound asleep. The female was gone. I searched everywhere for her, but I never found her or anything that could leave me to her.” She recalled, with a few tears streaming down her cheeks. “The female from the other litter...” She started sobbing too hard to continue.

I wanted to go to her, to hug and soothe her, but Samuel looked like he'd rip me limb from limb if I did.

“The other female was dead at birth. There was nothing we could do.” Samuel finished. “Now, I demand to know what all this is about.”

“Well, I think it may be better. and easier to believe, if she shows you.” James said, coming to my defense.

“So show us.” Samuel growled. He was losing his patience with us.

I got off the loveseat and walked to the small empty space by the fireplace. “I'm sorry.” I told Amira one more time. Then, I turned around, so as to try to hide as much of my nudity as I could, and stripped off my clothes. I threw them to James, and shifted into my red wolf.

Amira gasped and ran to me. “This can't be! Its impossible. I'm the only red wolf alive anymore.”

“And, she is the female pup that you lost.” James replied.

Amira and Samuel both turned to me stunned. “I'm sorry.” I linked with them both.

“She can shift in the bathroom. Its down the hall and to the left.” Samuel told James.

“Thank you.” He replied and headed to the bathroom. I walked by his side. I peaked over my shoulder and saw Samuel and Amira crying and holding each other.

Once in the bathroom, James shut the door, and I began my change. I shifted back into my human form and looked at him. “Do you think they're mad at me?” I asked him and took my clothes from him.

“Why would they be mad at you Lilly? You just gave them a chance to see their long lost daughter.” He spoke soothingly to me.

I finished getting dressed, thinking about what he said, then responded,”Yeah. I gave them a daughter that they've long since thought dead. Not to mention, I made her cry asking about the children.”

“It had to be done Lilly. It'll be fine. You'll see. Now, come on. We should get back out there.”

I sighed and walked back to the living room. James was right behind me.

“Thank you for coming. I think you should leave for now though. We need some time to cope with everything. You can stay in the cabin. Gabriel was supposed to show you where it was on the way here.” Samuel spoke to us, though his eyes never left Amira, who had her back to us.

“Very well.” James replied.

We were walking toward the door, hand in hand. I stopped though and turned to my parents, “I'm very sorry.” I said quietly. They would be able to hear it though.

And, with that, we left.

The ride back to the cabin was silent, and as soon as we got there, I went in search of a bedroom. It was the third door I opened, and I collapsed on the bed. James joined me and held me close. “I'm proud of you.” He placed a kiss on the top of my head.

I just grunted at him. I didn't see anything to be proud of. “Can we just go home? Can't they just call us when they're ready to talk? I don't want to stay here.” I whined.

“We're leaving tomorrow Lilly. It'll be ok. You can deal with tonight.”

I sighed in defeat and snuggled into him. “I love you James.”

“I love you too Lilly. Get some sleep.We're going to get up early tomorrow, so we can talk to them one more time, say our goodbyes to Gabriel, and get home before dark.”

I nodded and held him close, waiting for sleep to consume me.