-=+=- Chapter 8: Across the River -=+=-

EDITED ON THE THIRD OF APRIL OF 2017

-Previously on Half Human... Half Lion-

"But surely, King Peter, The prophecy!" Fox said looking at him.

"We can't go to war without ya," Mr. Beaver told him.

"We just want our brother back," Peter reminded the beavers. We all then said goodbye to Fox and settle in for the night. This visit is turning into another adventure.

-And now on Half Human... Half Lion-

Leona's POV,

Morning broke and we were on our feet again. We all climb a mountain to have a look over Narnia. The view made us feel anxious about what we might need to do today. It showed us more than what we expected, including me. It was all for Edmund, and if we needed to do this, then we will.

"Now, Aslan's Camp is near the Stone Table just across the frozen river," Mr. Beaver explained.

"River?" Peter asked, worried.

"Oh, the river's been frozen for a hundred years!"

Peter looked out into the view again, "it's so far!"

"Oh, it's the world dear. Did you expect it to be small?" Mrs. Beaver ask. 

Susan looks at her brother, clearly not impressed, "smaller."

We all follow Susan then The Beavers lead the way across the frozen river. Mr. Beaver kept on telling us to hurry up.

"Come on humans! While we're still young!" Mr. Beaver yelled.

"If he tells us to hurry up one more time, I'm gonna turn him into a big, fluffy hat," Peter said annoyed while giving Lucy a piggy back ride.

"Come on! Come on!"

"How big will that hat be again?" I joked. They all give a little chuckle.

"He is getting a little bossy," Lucy said.

"Behind you! It's her!" Mrs. Beaver said pointing. 

We all turn our heads to see a sled coming our way. We all start running. I was in front of Peter and Lucy but behind Susan. We continue to run into a dug out hole that was big enough to fit us all. we hear the sound of bells jingling but then stops. A shadow appears in front of us that looked like the shadow of the Witch. The shadow then walks aways.

"Maybe she's gone," Lucy guessed.

"I hope so," I add on.

"I suppose I'll go look," Peter volunteered.

"No! You're worth nothing to Narnia dead," Mr. Beaver said taking his place.

"Well, neither are you, Beaver," Mrs. Beaver said with her hand out.

"Thanks, sweetheart," Mr. Beaver said holding her hand. He then slowly walks out of the hole. All we do is wait. AH! The waiting is killing me inside! We hear the sound of moving snow and we hear someone coming closer and closer. Then Mr. Beaver scares us by putting his head in.

"Come out! Come out! I hope you've all been good cause there's someone here to see ya!" Mr. Beaver said happily. We all walk up slowly but it's St. Nicolas with him standing in front of his sled.

"Merry Christmas sir," Lucy said letting go of her brother.

"It certainly is, Lucy, since you have arrived," He said looking very jolly. His eyes turn to meet mine, then he bowed, "welcome back to Narnia Leona." 

"Thank you, sir," I said with a smile.

"Look, I've put up with a lot since I got here, but this-"

"We thought you were the Witch," Susan got caught off by her brother.

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry about that but I've been driving one of these longer than the Witch," he explained.

"I thought there was no Christmas in Narnia," Susan thought out loud.

"No. For a long time... But the hope you have brought, your majesties is finally starting to weakening the Witch's power," he explained. Then he grabbed a huge bag from his sled. I guess that's his sake full of toys. "Still, I dare to say you could with these."

"Presents!" Lucy said happily walking forward to him. St. Nicolas grabbed a little bottle that was in a pocket that was attached to a belt. He kneels down to her level.

"The juice of the fire-flower. One drop and it can cure any injury and though I hope you never have I use it," he said handing her a dagger.

"Thank you, sir. I think I could be brave enough," Lucy thought.

"I'm sure you could but battles are ugly affairs," he said then Lucy walked back to her original spot next to her brother. "Susan," he called for, grabbing a bow and arrows, "trust in this bow and it won't easily miss." 

"What happened to 'battles are ugly affairs'?" Susan asks.

"Though you don't seem to have a problem making yourself heard, blow on this and wherever you are, help will come," he said giving her a horn.

"Thanks," then Susan stepped back.

"Peter, the times to use there may be near at hand." He said giving Peter a sword and shield. Peter pulled the sword out to have a closer look.

"Thank you, sir," Peter said before stepping back.

"And last but not least, Leona," I was surprised when I heard my name called out. I already have my claws, what else to I need? I walked and stood. he went I to his back and grabbed a bag that goes over the shoulder and a belt with five daggers on the left side and five on the other side. "Even though they are small, they're very powerful," he said handing me the belt.

 "Even though they are small, they're very powerful," he said handing me the belt

"Why so many daggers if I have my claws?" I ask him confused.

"Because these daggers are very special. They are lighter than regular daggers and you can throw these and no matter how far you've thrown them, they will always come back to you as long as the trust them," he said then he handed me the bag. It looked like there was something inside it. "I heard from a little bird that you have your father's magic running through your veins so in this bag, holds a spell book with every single spell in it. I Hope it will be very useful to you."

"Thank you very much, sir," I said then went back.

"These are tools, not toys. Bear them well and wisely. Now, I must be off winter is almost over and things do pile up when you've been gone a hundred years. Long Live Aslan! And Merry Christmas!" he said then rode away in his sled. We all respond Merry Christmas to him.

"Told you he was real," Lucy said to her sister. Susan just gave a look.

"He sad winter is almost over. So do you know what that means?" Peter looked at us with concern. "No more ice."